Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
86 postsPage 5 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
I have seen the Overture forum, and in my opinion the developer appears to be running a one man band. That is the main drawback to Overture that I perceive, and the thing that could be holding up real progress. That is why I went ahead and bought Notion, even though I already had Overture. The best thing that could probably happen with Overture would be to be bought by another company that could put a whole development team around it. It really has a lot of potential to be great.

If Notion could only do a few of the things that Overture had, it would nearly be perfect!

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by michaelmyers1 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:15 pm
I agree. At one time i suggested to the Notion folks that they should purchase it. It would be ideal!

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Sonoma 14.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6/Notion Mobile + Studio One 6 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by JohnBW on Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:10 pm
It appears that Don, the Overture developer, made his last post to the Sonic Scores community regarding the latest version update on Nov 2020. He was working on some bug fixes... I hope he is OK!

by RuftyTufty on Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:56 pm
JohnBW wroteIt appears that Don, the Overture developer, made his last post to the Sonic Scores community regarding the latest version update on Nov 2020. He was working on some bug fixes... I hope he is OK!

Don was at least at the forum answering a number of issues back at the end of May 2021. He did go through some personal issues earlier in the year (re-locating to Florida, etc..). But I'll give it to you, he certainly comes and goes as he pleases for lengthy periods of no activity/responses at all... the v5.6.3.4 'coming soon' release is still (as you hint) nowhere to be seen...

Win10 64bit 16Gb RAM; NVIDIA GTX750Ti graphics; StudioOne Pro v5.5.2; Cubase Pro v12.0.70; UR44 audio interface; Equator D5 and Yamaha HS80 monitors.
by themaartian on Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:24 pm
Overture was never stable on my system. I stopped visiting the website moons ago. Waste of time and money.

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by JohnBW on Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:51 pm
themaartian wroteOverture was never stable on my system. I stopped visiting the website moons ago. Waste of time and money.

I have read a few bug reports on the website forums, and it probably depends on what one is doing with it as to whether they hit the bugs or not.

I do like that Don collaborated with Tracy Collins at Indigenus to create an inexpensive all-in-one Kontakt library that is plug and play with Overture 5.

$149 for anyone, and works in the free Kontakt Player. Or $99 for Overture owners. So you do not need Overture to use it.

https://soundbytesmag.net/review-amadeu ... ic-scores/

https://youtu.be/xXNiE7DKzIg

86 postsPage 5 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5