Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Here is a recording from Notion 5 using the new Bohemian Violins from Virharmonik.

phpBB [video]

There were no adjustments to get this sound, they play very naturally out of the box. Notion seems to me to be an excellent means of playing this instrument.

I think this represents the future of sampling libraries, where instruments are intelligent and respond very naturally to the material being played. What do you think?

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by nathanielbrown1 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:50 pm
Right now it seems a little limited but overall a very nice sound out of the box. However If you have been using east west and vienna ensemble for many years there's no real point to move to a new library when you have mastered what works or doesn't work . Time is money and once you have invested the time in any sound library you choose these days you can be pretty much unstoppable. But once again if I was purchasing my first violin sound I would say yes this is very nice with what seems to be little to no editing in Notion bravo.
by cesaremagri on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:02 am
I have bought the violin after listening to michaelmyers1 demo since I was pretty impressed from the results and because for 99 Euro I found the deal a bargain. I have also exchanged a few emails with the Virharmonic guys and I find their approach to virtual instruments new and refreshing.

Indeed you will find yourself getting realistic results using the tool out of the box without much tweaking at all and without the annoying "cat" effect of samples like Vienna. Still the library has a long way to go in terms of content, but if they keep on the good work I think that they could really achieve something new.

I hope that the guys at Virharmonic also consider the option of a tight integration with Notion.

Regards,
Cesare
by brucepearson on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:30 pm
Now 149. Euro

==================================
Elitebook 8570w 24GB Ram, Windows 7
Fantom external 1TB
Cakewalk Sonar X3
PreSonus Notion 6
PreSonus Studio One
VSL SE Vol 1 complete
IK Miroslav Philharmonic Ver. 1
Novation 61SL Keyboard
by matthewventura on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:40 am
Very nice, I am l looking to buy this now that they have the violin expansion. Have you tried it on Notion yet? What about the Cello?

I also want to try Embertone's Joshua Bell library. Anyone tried that?

I also just purchased Cinematic studio Strings which sounded awesome but its not fully supported in notation software (bummer) so I had to return it. So now I feel I need to email developers before buying sample libraries.

Also anyone tried Audo Modeling SWAM libraries?

http://www.swamengine.com/

Thanks.
by michaelmyers1 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:25 pm
matthewventura wroteVery nice, I am l looking to buy this now that they have the violin expansion. Have you tried it on Notion yet? What about the Cello?

Matthew, the Bohemian Violin expansion works very well out of the box with Notion.

Here's a sample which uses both the Violin and the Cello:

phpBB [audio]

In this example recording, dynamics were the only control for the violin and cello. I use a separate instrument for double stops (chords).

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by michaelmyers1 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:11 pm
Another option for solo strings is Spitfire Solo Strings. I purchased them recently on their wish list deal, and they're very reasonable ($149). Although they're old, they have a beautiful sound and very few parametric controls. They sound good in Notion out of the box as well. Here's an example recorded with them:

phpBB [audio]

This recording also uses Spitfire Chamber Strings. It's all Spitfire. The Con Sords are really stunning, I think. They come in at about 2:34.

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by michaelmyers1 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:20 pm
Chris Hein is also having a sale on their solo strings. They are probably the ultimate in control, but personally I think the sound is a bit timid.

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

8 posts