Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
ok is it just me or is there no way to change the metronome settings? I just want to make it louder. I don't see it in the mixer or any way to change it.

Notion.. you guys make a great product but you always seem to leave out the easiest things. LOL

Metronome Settings and a display with the name of the currently selected note. please tell me they are in there and my eyeballs are getting in the way..
by sanctaemagister on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:47 pm
Greetings,

To my knowledge, there are no settings for the metronome. Maybe they will add it in a future update. It would most definitely be nice.

Cheers,
Sanctae Magister
by travisham1 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:48 am
sanctaemagister wroteGreetings,

To my knowledge, there are no settings for the metronome. Maybe they will add it in a future update. It would most definitely be nice.

Cheers,
Sanctae Magister

It's good to know I'm not crazy in that I can't find a setting for a playback metronome anywhere in Notion or any of the reference guides. It does seem a bit crazy though that this isn't an option (incidentally, I found this feature requested in the old forums 4 years ago).

This seems like a basic, useful, simply integrated, and I would say essential tool for creating music: a playback metronome for which you can control the volume.

I recognize that users could manage a work-around by creating a clave part consisting entirely of ¼s or ⅛s, this is not a good solution... it's clunky at best. Notion is the first software I've used for creating music that does integrate a metronome... that includes Sibelius (iirc: it's been a long time!), Finale (this is what I've predominantly used prior to Notion), Pro Tools, Logic Pro (my main tool for recording), & even Garageband...
by hugocubi1 on Wed May 12, 2021 2:01 am
please actualizate these feature , we are in 2021 , 6 years to work in the metronome????? really????If I chose Notion 6 , I also need the sowtfware in a constant developement, as in S1 , Cubase ... I 'm accually thinking about splitting up...
by Surf.Whammy on Wed May 12, 2021 7:00 am
Make your own metronome in NOTION . . . :)

THOUGHTS

I have a physical metronome in a nice pyramidal-shaped wood "box"--probably what at one time was a "standard" metronome . . .

It has a weight on a metal rod type of action; and you set the tempo by moving the weight upward or downward, where higher is slower, but lower is faster; and it's a wind-up device . . .

Metronomes are useful at times, and when I need a metronome for NOTION, I create a staff for a wood block, snare drum, kick drum, or some other instrument to be the sound of the metronome and then fill the measures with quarter notes . . .

After adding two measures of quarter notes, I start doubling the measures by copying and pasting, selecting previous measures along the way; so it starts with two measures and then after copying and pasting becomes four measures, then eight measures, and so forth until there are enough measures for the duration of the song, plus a few more measures to make it generous . . .

Metronome beats tend to be straight time, and the track should be easy to hear . . .

Since in the custom user-defined metronome, it's a wood block, snare drum, kick drum, or whatever instrument works best for the purpose, you can adjust the volume level and other parameters as desired . . .

[NOTE: Dry tends to be best (no reverb, no echoes, no flanging) . . . :+1 ]

Once you discover specific patterns for different musical genres, you can use it, for example, as a "smart metronome" for various Flamenco rhythms and other complex rhythms . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. When recording real instruments, the more common studio terminology is that it's a "click track"; and while I eventually connected the dots that lead to a metronome, I prefer to create my own custom "click tracks" . . .

I used NOTION and various Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) applications for years before noticing they have metronomes and then mapping "metronome" to "click track" . . .

It's easy to create a "click track" in NOTION, and this is the way I do it . . .

At a higher level, I think it's a matter of having a strong, intuitive sense of time . . .

If you have a strong, intuitive sense of time, then you don't need a metronome or click track; and the need for one of these only appears in certain scenarios where having a drummer is helpful . . .

I have used a metronome, but mostly found it interesting from the perspective of physics and engineering with focus on discovering how it works mechanically . . .

There are times in a recording studio when a "click track" is handy; and it can be useful to have a metronome when practicing music; but overall I think metronomes and "click tracks" are provided for people who do not have strong senses of time, meter, and all that stuff, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by davidbullock7 on Tue May 25, 2021 6:55 am
hugocubi1 wroteplease actualizate these feature , we are in 2021 , 6 years to work in the metronome????? really????If I chose Notion 6 , I also need the sowtfware in a constant developement, as in S1 , Cubase ... I 'm accually thinking about splitting up...

Yeah, it's feeling very neglected. Even this forum is so last decade. It was torturous writing a post with a few screen grabs. I've been able to cut+paste images in Gmail pretty much forever.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1