Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there anyway to write cautionary accidents in Notion?
They appear between parenthesis, like (#), and i can't find it anywhere.
by elerouxx on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:50 am
you can force Notion to show an accident even when it's not necessary (if you add manually a # to the note it will be put regardless there's already a # on that note in the same measure).

Sadly Notion doesn't have accidentals in parenthesis. When I really need the parentheses I just add a text object "( )" to the note and position it correctly. It works and it's easy, but if your score is full of these you may have some work.

Emilio Le Roux
Composer | Film Director
Win 10 i7 Desktop / Win 8.1 % Win 10 Surface Pro // Notion 6.3.454 64 bit
by elerouxx on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:54 am
* If you use the "( )" trick I said, it works better if you right-click on the text element, and in the context menu ->attachment->align right. Then you position it around the accidental.

This works and can be copied. The "( )" stays in place horizontally. (but It doesn't stay in place vertically if you transpose or change the pitch)

Emilio Le Roux
Composer | Film Director
by marcelocamelo on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:44 pm
That is a great tip. Thank you once again Emilio. I just joined the forum and learned two important features. Im glad i found this community and thankful for your quick response.
best!
Marcelo
by elerouxx on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:59 pm
marcelocamelo wroteThat is a great tip. Thank you once again Emilio. I just joined the forum and learned two important features. Im glad i found this community and thankful for your quick response.
best!
Marcelo

Disponha!

Emilio Le Roux
Composer | Film Director
by christiangirard on Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:05 am
So, how do we force notion to show all accidental, without parentheses . like how do we do it in the software
by christiangirard on Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:08 am
from the book :

Notion permits you to force accidentals on the score for use as courtesy reminders. For example, in a score in the key of F, you can place a flat on an B (even though it is already flat in the key) where this will help guide live musicians sight-reading your score.

like how come they don't show how ?!?
by acequantum on Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:10 pm
Hi,

for the Key of F as in your example, press the 2 key located above the letters on the computer keyboard, that will make the cursor a flat. On your score, position the cursor on the note head of a B and click. The flat will be placed even though the B is already flat due to the key signature.

Very simple.

I don't believe there is a way to automatically show ALL of the accidentals in the entire score. You have to place the courtesy accidentals 1 at a time.
by acequantum on Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:30 am
I just thought of a way to show all accidentals at once (except naturals) - but it removes the true key signature:

Let's say the score is in Db. If the score is completed with all of the accidentals in place, if you go back to the beginning and change the key signature to Cmaj, the accidentals will show on all of the individual notes

9 posts
Page 1 of 1