Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All-

Just to provide a workaround for a possible headache for folks.

Anyway, I've started running into a problem when exporting audio on Windows.

The scenario is that I create a score named something like "Brass Demo.notion".

After a while, I'll save the score, exit notion, rename the file to something like "ExtraSpecialSoundLibraryMakers.BrassLibrary.Demo.notion".

I then reopen the score in Notion and try to export the audio, but Notion locks up.

If I rename the file to "ExtraSpecialSoundLibraryMakers BrassLibrary Demo.notion" (note that I've removed all the periods from the name), then reopen it and try to export, it works just fine.

Note that this doesn't happen with every file name that contains a ".", just some of them. But when it does happen, this seems to fix it...

Just FYI.

Kurt
https://www.SoundCloud.com/kmlandre
by composerman1 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:23 pm
Kurt,

Windows is strange in the way it handles periods in the file names. I've seen this happen with other software (not just audio) where the extra periods in a file name cause a function or functions to just crash. For years I've just resorted to using the "-" underscore to make an easily visible split in a file name. I have both Windows and Mac computers. They both have their quarks, but Windows seems to have the most inconsistent behavior. I get to the point where I just want things to work, rather than problem solving.

Best regards,

Troy

2 posts
Page 1 of 1