Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Purchased Notion 6 as well as the Notion app for iOS. I download the app on my new ninth generation iPad and now it’s calling it mobile And is asking for a password. I type in my password for MyPreSonus as it’s the only password that I have as I have never been asked to enter a password previously. So my question is first of all do I have to set up a whole new account? Secondly, do notion 6 desktop and notion iOS app a.k.a. notion mobile, not sync together?
by aaronolmsted on Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:41 pm
Also follow up question - Is it possible to enter flam or other rudiment specific notation? If so, how or where can I find how to do this?
by acequantum on Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:00 pm
Hi,

My understanding is that if you download the new Notion Mobile, then it's considered a new app. If you had the original ipad app installed, then all the setup you had for the original is not transferrable to Notion Mobile. If you want the extended instruments (even if you had them before I think) you'd have to purchase them for the new Notion Mobile. That might explain the need to use the sign in for any updates or association with you existing account. You shouldn't need a new account.

The Notion 6 software does not sync with Notion Mobile from every test I've tried. I believe when the documentation refers to Notion Desktop, it is referring to a version of Notion Mobile that was downloaded and run from a computer. My understanding: Notion Desktop as referenced in the documentation is not Notion 6 but a version of Notion Mobile loaded onto one's computer.

You can download Notion Mobile onto your computer. You should be able to sync to your mobile version in this case. Again, I think every install on each device of Notion Mobile requires the purchase of extended instruments or functionality if you want it. The app itself is free, but for the handwriting and instruments I think you have to pay.

On Notion Mobile to add a flam, I believe you just use a grace note. On the pallet first select the note duration (sixteenth, eigth whatever). Then find the ghost note icon and hold it until the grace note appears in the list. Then choose the grace note.

Screenshot_20230317-134442.png
by davidlarson6 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:49 pm
The IOS App does sync with Notion 6, so long as both systems are connecting and saving to iCloud. At least mine does. I'm able to sync between an ipad, a Mac, and a Windows PC.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by acequantum on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:27 pm
Maybe sync is the wrong word. Notion mobile (android at least) doesn't transfer directly to notion 6 using the export and import functions in notion mobile as there is no counter part in notion 6. Notion mobile installed on a desktop does have the export option and will tranfer to a mobile device. I'm talking about having both devices open and transferring from one opens up the score on the other in one function, not using a shared repository
by acequantum on Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:41 pm
I stand corrected or maybe the update changed this. Using the transmit option from Notion Mobile I was able to easily transmit a score for Notion Mobile to Notion 6 on my windows computer.

I just hit the transmit option on the menu in Notion Mobile and then a second or two later the score opened in Notion 6. This was not happening before so maybe the update fixed this.

And, in Notion 6 if you choose Send to Studio One... then use the option Send Notes and make sure you're Notion Mobile device is selected, Notion 6 (desktop) will transmit the score to your mobile device.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1