Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, help me
I write sax method but ı can't add more subtitle on different pages. how can I /Users/ayberktekin/Desktop/Ekran Resmi 2022-06-30 22.34.59.png
I am use MacBook Pro 2015
by Surf.Whammy on Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:19 am
Export the score for SMP Press, which will create a PDF and then use Adobe Acrobat or similar PDF editing application to annotate the PDF pages as you desire . . . :)

"Export for SMP Press . . ." creates a single PDF and a separate MP3 audio file, so this strategy works on both Mac and Windows without needing a separate PDF exporting application in Windows . . .

Apple computers have PDF capabilities without needing additional software, at least for exporting and saving (printing) . . .

THOUGHTS

You can print the NOTION score as a PDF if you are doing this on an Apple computer, but there are ways to print to PDF on a Windows computer, too . . .

You also can import the PDF to Word (Windows) or Pages (Mac) and then annotate in the word-processing application . . .

Using a word-processing application like Word or Pages has the advantage of being able to add more text, instructions, and so forth, as well as photos of saxophone keys, levers, and other saxophone-related things, including a varied set of reeds, although you might be able to do extensive annotation in a PDF editor like Adobe Acrobat . . .

This is a quick example for a Cuban Trumped done in Pages (Mac).

I exported the NOTION score as PDF but then did a screen capture to make it an image file, which I imported to Pages and annotated . . .

There are different strategies for doing this type of annotating, but when I am writing a book on music or creating posts in this forum, I tend to do screen captures and then edit them, where for example if I want to focus on a few measures, I do a screen capture of the measures and then use the resulting image file . . .

It's what one might call a "primitive" technique, but (a) it works and (b) it's sufficient, plus it's not totally complicated . . .

There are applications that make editing images easy or at least practical . . .

The overall strategy is to use a set of software applications (word-processor, image editor, NOTION for music notation, and so forth) . . .

Explained another way, it's a "multimedia" activity, where instead of doing everything with one application, you will use a combination of applications to create a multimedia document . . .

phpBB [video]

For reference, this post is a multimedia document . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by acequantum on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:54 pm
If I understand correctly, you want to add different subtitles on different pages. It is possible but limited. Use the menu options listed below. Make sure to uncheck Link to Metadata

notion subtitle.JPG

You can add the first subtitle to the main page by choosing option show on first page. You can add a second subtitle to the other pages using the additional options.

You can also use the TEXT option by pressing the K key. You will be limited to where you can add text this way but it gives you endless control of what you want to add.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1