Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
i use this. does dont send keyswitches. and i added this tiil what ysed add ruleset to some track.i mean tool where ruleset shows score way [Ruleset name]. i really want do ruleset what plays accents louder. and this other is test what i made becouse i want do support some samplelibraries as well. if there is thread for general ruleset releated questons please tell how i found it.

<rule version="1">
<rules>
<dynamic id="VELO">
<dynamic dynamic="pppp" value="0">
<dynamic dynamic="ppp" value="30">
<dynamic dynamic="pp" value="40">
<dynamic dynamic="p" value="60">
<dynamic dynamic="mp" value="80">
<dynamic dynamic="mf" value="90">
<dynamic dynamic="f" value="100">
<dynamic dynamic="ff" value="110">
<dynamic dynamic="fff" value="120">
<dynamic dynamic="ffff" value="127">
</dynamic>
<dynamic id="HAIR">
</dynamic>
<setup>
<velocity id="VELO">
<hairpin id="HAIR">
<hairpin value="11">
<send value="true">
</setup>
<rule remark="Edit Remark..." enabled="true">
<if pitch="B3">
<key midi-pitch="60" velocity="80" type="note-on-prefix">
</rule>
<if pitch="C4">
<key midi-pitch="67" velocity="80" type="note-on-prefix">
</rule>
</rules>
</rule>
by michaelmyers1 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 pm
juha-pekkakuusela wrotei use this. does dont send keyswitches. and i added this tiil what ysed add ruleset to some track.i mean tool where ruleset shows score way [Ruleset name]. i really want do ruleset what plays accents louder. and this other is test what i made becouse i want do support some samplelibraries as well. if there is thread for general ruleset releated questons please tell how i found it.

<rule version="1">
<rules>
<dynamic id="VELO">
</dynamic>
<dynamic id="HAIR">
</dynamic>
<setup>
<velocity id="VELO">
<hairpin id="HAIR">
<hairpin value="11">
<send value="true">
</setup>
<if pitch="B3">
<key midi-pitch="60" velocity="80" type="note-on-prefix">
</rule>
<if pitch="C4">
<key midi-pitch="67" velocity="80" type="note-on-prefix">
</rule>
</rules>
</rule>

Hard for me to tell what you're trying to accomplish here, but I usually assign a velocity increase (+15 or so) for accents. I find that simplest.

I also always use the ruleset editor rather than trying to write code. I cn't follow the coding.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by Surf.Whammy on Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:23 pm
juha-pekkakuusela wroteif there is thread for general ruleset releated questons please tell how i found it.

There is a discussion area for custom rules . . . :)

THOUGHTS

Custom Rules Discussion (PreSonus NOTION Forum)

Lots of FUN! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by Surf.Whammy on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:10 am
michaelmyers1 wroteHard for me to tell what you're trying to accomplish here, but I usually assign a velocity increase (+15 or so) for accents. I find that simplest.

I also always use the ruleset editor rather than trying to write code. I cn't follow the coding.

Basically, it's Extended Markup Language (XML) code, and reading it is a bit of a challenge . . .

THOUGHTS

On the good side, it won't cause hair to grow on your palms, but even with chroma-coding it's rough on the eyes. Look at it long enough, and your eyes will cross . . . :P

All this stuff, including VBScript, JavaScript, and so forth is a variation of XML . . .

If there is a consistent aspect of XML it is tags, where the general scheme is that a "tag" is a pair of keywords in the following format:

Code: Select all
<keyword>  . . data . . . </keyword> 

In this general example, the "tag" pair is {<keyword> </keyword>} . . .

Written in a more general way, it's {<tag> </tag>}

When examining this type of code, the first thing I do is check for pairs . . .

When there is a <tag>, there needs to be a </tag> for it to be a proper pair . . .

[NOTE: Observe the "no-slash" and "slash" aspect where the "slash" is the ending or terminating item for the "no-slash". The easy way to remember this is that XML code is like the musical group "Guns N Roses", and it needs Slash . . . :P ]

There is an editor which makes it somewhat easier to decipher XML code, and it's called "UltraEdit" . . .

UltraEdit (IDM Computer Solutions, Inc.)

In fact, a variation of XML is used in the PreSonus NOTION Forum software, where for example you will observe the following "tag" pair when creating a link to a video:

[NOTE: Instead of using "<" and ">", it uses square brackets ("[" and "]") . . . ]

[video][/video]

This is the way the relevant "ruleset" example looks when chroma-coded and formatted as XML, which is what it is:

UltraEdit does the chroma-coding based on assigning specific colors to the different parts of XML code; but I did the indenting manually, one line and some number of inserted tabs at a time . . .

There probably is a way to do the indenting automagically, but I have not done anything with XML code in a while, so if there is a way to do it automagically, then I forgot it . . .

Most folks find the chroma-coded XML to be even more difficult to read than when it's in plain text format; but if you work with it for hours at a time, then your brain tends to focus on the different colors in a pleasant and useful way, although this visual epiphany does not occur so easily . . .

As I examine the aforedelineated code, it generally looks proper; but I have some questions . . .

[NOTE: I just created a new word "aforedelineated", which I am allowed to do. I have a license to do stuff like this, and it's an exemplification, which actually is a proper word . . . ]

There should be a set of definitions for the various tags and code within tag pairs; but when in doubt, look at some examples which are known to be correctly coded . . .

I examined the BBCSO ruleset you posted to the Custom Rules Discussion area, and it tends to answer one of my questions or "doesn't look right" concerns regarding the aforedelineated code . . .

Specifically, I am not so comfortable with this section of code, because something about it does not look right:

<dynamic id="VELO">
</dynamic>

There is something similar in the BBCSO code you posted, but the outer tag pair in your code is different {<dynamic-map> . . . data . . . <dynamic-map>}:

<dynamic-map id="VELO">
   <dynamic dynamic="pppp" value="12"/>
   <dynamic dynamic="ppp" value="26"/>
   <dynamic dynamic="pp" value="40"/>
   <dynamic dynamic="p" value="54"/>
   <dynamic dynamic="mp" value="68"/>
   <dynamic dynamic="mf" value="82"/>
   <dynamic dynamic="f" value="96"/>
   <dynamic dynamic="ff" value="106"/>
   <dynamic dynamic="fff" value="114"/>
   <dynamic dynamic="ffff" value="126"/>
</dynamic-map>

You will observe there is an implied "tag pair" for each of the nested "dynamic" bits, which specifically is "< . . . data . . . />" . . .

It begins with "<" and ends with "/>" . . .

You also will observe that in the aforedelineated code (see above), there is no SLASH for each apparent "dynamic" data item . . .

I find this to be potentially troubling, and perhaps it is an error . . .

As stated previously, the "no slash, slash" pairing is a big deal in XML . . . :readit:

CONTEMPLATION

In many respects, XML code is like music notation; and in the most fundamental respect, the rule is that attention to detail generally is a good practice . . .

Usually, this is a good rule . . .

In fact, it's part of my strategy based on the Aliens From Outer Space beaming ideas and instructions into my mind using the advanced communication chip they installed in 1949 when they were having what they thought would be a happy picnic outside Roswell, New Mexico. But instead of being a happy picnic, it actually was very distressing event since they "misplaced" some of the Mirror Matter Popcorn they use to power the Hilbert Space Hopper Drives of the spaceship, hence now are stuck in low-Earth orbit while they frantically attempt to find the missing Mirror Matter Popcorn . . .

[RULE: If you decide to use Mirror Matter Popcorn to barbecue pork ribs, then put the grill in a containment enclosure. ]

As we know--or at least strongly suspect--Mirror Matter Popcorn is a specific type of Dark Matter, which our brightest particle physicists believe to be there, somewhere in the Cosmos, although at present it's only a conjecture . . .

Explained another way, making sense of XML code and music mostly is a matter of deciphering patterns and respecting symmetry . . .

Is the problem a matter of bad or incorrect XML code?

I have no idea; but I find it troubling when the "tag pairs" are not properly matched ("no slash" and "slash") . . .

It's the same with music; and in this respect the hallmark of the "by ear" strategy is listening to the music and determining if there are odd bits when there should be no odd bits . . .

How do you gain this knowledge?

One way is to study a Beatles song and then to discover how to play or transcribe what each instrument is doing . . .

After doing this for a few years, you tend to develop a keen sense of the various rules the Beatles followed when composing and playing their instruments under the gracious guidance of George Martin, who was a formally trained music theorist, composer, and pianist . . .

Or you listen to an Elvis Presley song over-and-over for a half century and eventually notice he was doing uvular trills on the "h" of "hound dog" . . .

[NOTE: The uvular trill is heard most easily at 1:59. The mind-boggling aspect is how Elvis knew to do this. Was it his original idea, or did a producer or singing coach tell him about it? "You need to over enunciate the "h" or it will sound like "ound dog" on the radio, and it will confuse people." Elvis then asks, "So how do I do that?". Someone with formal operatic, singing, and phonetic training replies, "You do uvular trills." Elvis asks, "What is an uvular trill?"; and the university-trained folks explain it and give him an example, which being a bright fellow, Elvis understands instantly. ]

Voiced Uvular Trill ~ Wikipedia

Voiceless Uvular Trill ~ Wikipedia

phpBB [video]

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. This took me about three hours, which is a clue to how working with XML code works, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :+1
Last edited by Surf.Whammy on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by juha-pekkakuusela on Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:30 am
Is actualyl made their editor. but i dont know how link file. try here send keyswitch when i recvie some keys. i try found way.do control my conga sampleset in kontakt. also this accent ruleset idea i dont get such working.More than likely i going use studio one make audio versions and do only notes in Notion. at least when i dont get these things work. even i think i do exacty correct things or things are much harder than they should.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1