Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recently had to do a complete wipe/reinstall of Windows from scratch. I've been at it all day today, the only issue I've experienced is with Notion.

I've installed the EU "Windows 10 Pro N" version (64 bit) as it does not come with so much junk, and has a better privacy setup. One of the things it doesn't come with is Windows media player, and that's exactly what MF.DLL is.

So why on earth this reliance on Media Player with Notion? Why is it required? I don't partiticularly want to install it or it's programming libraries, I have J River media center which is a lot better.

Ultimately this is a bug because the library should at the very least have been supplied with the installer, or at the very least we should have been supplied a better error message than "The code execution cannot proceed because MF.dll was not found". A better fix would be to have a build of this software without this reliance of couse, it doen't make any sense to me.

Anyway just gassing off a few thoughts on this before I report this to support, I assume this must have happened before.

If it hasn't happened to you it's because you have Windows Media Centre, if you uninstall it and reboot you'll probably get this issue.

Studio One Pro 4, Faderport 1, Atom, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers). A bigly amount of other gear.
by PreAl on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:36 pm
My workaround was to find my old Windows install and copy the following files:
mf.dll, mfplat.dll, mfcore.dll (search in the Windows folders).
to:
C:\Program Files\Notion 6\

Just in case this helps somebody...

Cheers.

Studio One Pro 4, Faderport 1, Atom, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers). A bigly amount of other gear.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1