Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
41 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
robertodicorato wroteNotion 5 crashed intermittently by shutting down the application. Notion 6 always crashes on quit, even if I simply launch and quit it without doing anything else.

Roberto! in your forum "Signature" you mention that you use an Focusrite Scarlett Solo.

I'm curious. Has Notion ever worked good for you using the Focusrite Scarlett Solo?

When I first purchased (back in the day) Notion-3, I also purchased an Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface at the same time.
Never worked with Notion. Ever!!

Luckily! returned it quickly to the store before too much time had gone.
- Exchanged it for the Focusrite Saffire Pro 14.
It's an Firewire connection and has worked with Notion flawlessly for years.

The USB connected Focusrite Saffire series software driver is suspect to me. Every time.
Unless confirmed by other Users, saying the Scarlett series of audio devices has worked for them as Notions audio device without issues,
I'd get and test another audio sound device. I did.

Find a substitute audio device to test with Notion.
See if that stops the crashes you're having with Notion.

I recognized a previous experience and an connection with your crash issue and thought this may get things solved for you.
Of course update the Focusrite Scarlett software device driver and see if that may correct this.

,Newberry

:arrow:
by freeguitar on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:22 am
ChrisS23 wrote
For the crashing on close - Roberto, Marco and all, can you post what language and machines you are using (e.g. Win7, Mac 10.10) and exactly how you are closing (e.g. I close file with Ctrl+W, then exit notion by clicking the close icon)

-Chris

Chris

It seems a matter of language setting; if I turn it to Italian, N6 crash; then set it to English and N6 don't crash anymore........

:shock:

Mac Mini 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Maverick OS X 10.9.3 - Presonus Firestudio Project - Logic pro X - Presonus Studio One 3.3 - Cubase 7.5 - N.I. Komplete 9 - EZ Drummer - Notion 6
by robertodicorato on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:38 am
johnnewberry wroteFind a substitute audio device to test with Notion. See if that stops the crashes you're having with Notion.

Notion 5/6 works (and crashes) for me both with the Focusrite Scarlett and with an older USB Mackie Blackjack 2x2. I'm pretty sure it's a matter of language: a maintenance update should be enough to fix it.
On the other side, I never trusted in FireWire... ;)

Thank you for your help,
Roberto

iMac Pro 27", Focusrite Scarlett Solo, OS X Catalina, Logic Pro, Finale, Notion, VSL, Sonokinetic, LASS etc. 1 mate (Ines), two cats (Oliva and Spritz)
by ChrisS23 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:56 am
Yes, nothing personal to our Italian and German friends!
Thanks for the details, very helpful and we have something to work on here - it's only some Mac models, when running Notion in Italian. (German Preferences issue already noted above). Will post back shortly...

Product Manager - Notion
PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
http://www.presonus.com/products/notation-software
by marcocallegari on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:23 am
Well, I hope "some mac models" are just the 2 I own :D

So until now, crashes are on italian/german and on
- Mac Pro Mid 2012
- Mac Mini Late 14
- Mac Pro Early 2008
- maybe on another Mac Mii (not sure the year... it's the one of the user "freeguitar")

And one guy with windows had crash too.

Guys, I hope you'll get a fix soon ;)

Actually I'm using the english UI and it works nice.

MacPro Mid 2012, PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, OS X El Capitan, Studio One 3, Notion, Addictive Drums 2, Melodyne Editor, Blue Yeti USB, PreSonus Ceres 4.5, Behringer Eurorack MX 602A, Epiphone SG G310, VOX VXII, JamVOX, Zoom 2100
by freeguitar on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:49 am
Curiosly, yesterday I set again language to italian, and Notion does not seems to crash anymore.
I try to open and close projects created with N5 and N6, but N6 seems stable :o :o :o :o :D

Magic?

Fabiano

Mac Mini 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Maverick OS X 10.9.3 - Presonus Firestudio Project - Logic pro X - Presonus Studio One 3.3 - Cubase 7.5 - N.I. Komplete 9 - EZ Drummer - Notion 6
by marcocallegari on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:03 pm
No, here's still crashes...
After about 10 seconds (I was thinking you was right...)
Ok, I'll wait for the fix (and I'll keep using english language)

MacPro Mid 2012, PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, OS X El Capitan, Studio One 3, Notion, Addictive Drums 2, Melodyne Editor, Blue Yeti USB, PreSonus Ceres 4.5, Behringer Eurorack MX 602A, Epiphone SG G310, VOX VXII, JamVOX, Zoom 2100
by jrgenastrm on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:15 am
I have this German Preferences Crash as well...
I don't mind to work with Notion 6 in english...
Is there any way to set the interface language to english WITHOUT having to open the preferences?
by jrgenastrm on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:14 am
ChrisS23 wroteYes, nothing personal to our Italian and German friends!
Thanks for the details, very helpful and we have something to work on here - it's only some Mac models, when running Notion in Italian. (German Preferences issue already noted above). Will post back shortly...

If it helps I can tell you that I have this "German-Preferences-Crash" on my very new iMac 27 Retina with 3.2 GHz Intel Core 5.

Is there no work around to set the GUI language to English without opening the (German) Preferences?

Also trying to install the Classical Guitar Expansion Pack fails... I could install it for Progression by choosing "open with Progression" with a right click on Classical Guitar Expansion.prox .
A copy and paste action to the Notion Folder didn't help. And by the way... is it really necessary to install the Expansion Package twice? I mean, in sense of saving disc space.
by robe1972 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:36 pm
Scusate scrivo in italiano perché vedo che ce ne sono sul forum e il mio inglese è pessimo.
Io ho comprato l'upgrade da Notion 4 a Notion 6, ma non parte…si chiude subito.
Ho pensato..magari devo installare i suoni inclusi nel pacchetto, ma non me li installa nemmeno.
Quello sarebbe il meno, perché mi basterebbero quelli base che già avevo con la versione 4.
Ho un Macbook pro con iOS 10.8.5.
Qualcuno mi può aiutare?
Provo a tradurre.

Sorry for my english..!
I have to buy the upgrade from Notion 4 to 6, but don't start.
When I open Notion 6, it crash immediately ..!
I can't to install the bundled sounds..I don't know why..!
But this is not a big problem for me…..the big problem for me is that I can't work on my Notion 6.
Anyone can help me?
Thanks
by johnnewberry on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:12 pm
robe1972 wroteHo un Macbook pro con iOS 10.8.5.
Qualcuno mi può aiutare?
Provo a tradurre.

When I open Notion 6, it crash immediately ..!

ChrisS23 wrote- it's only some Mac models, when running Notion in Italian. (German Preferences issue already noted above). Will post back shortly...

è solo alcuni modelli di Mac , durante l'esecuzione di Notion in italiano . ( Preferenze tedeschi problema già notato in precedenza) . Pubblicheremo indietro breve ...

Hope you get an update revision soon.

,Newberry

:arrow:
by jrgenastrm on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:28 am
- it's only some Mac models, when running Notion in Italian. (German Preferences issue already noted above). Will post back shortly...

How long time is "shortly"?

I tested with iMac (late 2015) and also with my macBookAir (2014) and have the same problems on both machines.
by jpettit on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:29 am
Very shortly

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by robe1972 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:28 am
freeguitar wroteI have set language to english and N6 don't crash on closing anymore.....

Io invece non riesco nemmeno ad aprirlo, quindi non posso cambiare la lingua... :dry:

I can't change the language because crash when I launch the program.
Thanks johnnewberry I hope in an upgrade..in short time... :x

Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] IMG_4266.MOV [ 707.21 KiB | Viewed 14637 times ]

by GUILLIEN on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:43 am
Same issue here

I recently purchased Notion 6 and downloaded installer 6.0.405

Notion 6 open fine but crashes immediately when I set up AUDIO configuration FOCUSRITE ASIO USB

STUDIO ONE 3.3.1 installer fixed this issue with certain audio interfaces :roll:

PC W10 Intel i5 2500 3.6GHz 16Gig - Focusrite 18i20 2nd Generation - M-Audio Profire 2626 - Studio One 3.3.1 - Notion 6 - Pro Tolls 11
by robe1972 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:39 pm
Thanks I can make the Studio One upgrade, but I don't know if this is the best solution for me. I don't want to use Notion 6 with Studio One.
And I want to use Notion 6 with Apple sound card.
If this is the only way ok, but if other one has a better solution…thanks!?!?
by gregdelsavio on Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:43 am
hi

same problem here with bundles installers crash/fail.

I tried with :
3 computers
4 download managers
firefox and safari
2 internet providers
Wifi and ethernet

=> nothing good happened

I opened a ticket on the support 6 days ago, posted many times in the question & answer section, sent emails, but no one answered to me or made any sign of life...

downloads fail or just stop, resulting in corrupted installer files if I continue forcing the download, and, of course, with download managers too, because they automatically recover any interruption while downloading a file

so how to draw attention from the presonus support ?
by ChrisS23 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:49 pm
Update 6.0.409 is now live, that fixes the issue with German and Italian as posted above.
http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/2016 ... 09-update/

Thanks for your patience,
Chris

Product Manager - Notion
PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
http://www.presonus.com/products/notation-software
by robe1972 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:36 am
Perfect
by bambooranch on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:18 pm
I bought Notion 6 yesterday and although my computer says I have installed the bundles none of them appears to be in the Notion Instruments list. Same thing with the Jazz bundle. Most of the instrument names are still italicized and I guess that means they are not there. What to do?

41 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3