AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
30 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
In the same boat as you guys. Have an open ticket and have been slllllooooooooowwwwwwllllyyy working with Presonus to attempt to fix the issue (pops and clicks). They respond to me once every six days or so! I'm getting so pissed off, I've had pops and clicks for some time now and I'm ready to throw these racks out the damn window!! It's not like I have projects backing up on me or anything....Seriously looking at Focurite, Apogee, or back to (shutter) Pro Tools.....UGH FML.
by atomgram on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:24 am
Not resolved for me either. Super pop and click. Frequent disconnection from system. Found that if I switch back and forth between safe, normal and fast modes it reconnects sometimes. Poor communication with iTunes, Safari, Spotify, add any other software name here. We just bought a new house and money is tight. No options for me.

MacBook Pro 2015 2.9-8gig ram, Early 2008 MacPro 2x3.2, 8gig ram, Logic Pro X, MainStage 3.2, El Capitan current.
by pahtcub on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:54 pm
Not resolved for me either fully...I still have to change sample rates in the Vsl app back and forth to get any audio. Sick of the hassle going to spend the cash and get apogee. Thanks presonus.
by sharonzaz on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:27 pm
Googbye 1818 (and any other Presonus hardware) 4ever.
No need even to say what I've gotten instead, it's just sold.

Hugely disappointed about this but I am not gonna cry about it, just moving on,
and hoping for the sake of other users that this get resolved.

A car with a great engine but a broken gearbox is just no good.

Cheers.

http://www.sheron.co.za
https://www.youtube.com/user/sheronmusician/videos
https://soundcloud.com/sheron-imj-band/tracks

MacPro i7 12GB Ram SL 10.6.8
MBP MD101 i5 - 2.5 OS X 10.10.3
RME Multiface
Yamaha 01V96
1818VSL (Sold and gone forever)
Yamaha MSP10+SW10
Mackie DL32R
Focusrite VoiceMasterPro
Logic Pro 9
Logic Pro X
by John Rowland on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:56 pm
NO IT'S NOT RESOLVED.... just thought I would post what PreSonus has told me today regarding the pops and clicks in my system. BTW they I am running a Mac Mini i7 2.3, 16GB ram, AB1818, Digimax D8, Studio One V2.6, VSL 1.3 (latest update).

"Hello John,

This has been an issue in the past. However with the most recent build of the v1.3 driver, almost all instances were resolved.

There is unfortunately still a very small population of users who still have issues with pops/clicks on the v1.3 driver.

I have been notified by my supervisors that at this time there is no upcoming fix or driver update.

I'm very sorry for this inconvenience.

I have your contact information and complaints logged to where they are readily available. So if any further information comes to me I'll be happy to let you know.

If you have further questions please let me know, otherwise this ticket will be "solved" out until I I am informed of more helpful information for you and this current situation.

Again, I am very sorry for the trouble.

Best regards"

Basically Presonus is telling those people that STILL have pops and clicks issues, that only a small population are still having issues and that is not enough people to be concerned about. They basically told me I am out of luck! You bought our equipment and use our software, and we know it doesn't work or function properly, but we fixed it enough to satisfy the majority.... UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!! PreSonus should rectify this. This is not how you treat customers???
by Alove_Roleen on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:09 pm
That are some quotations I got from Presonus support about these pops and clicks after helpless standard instructions (VSL uninstall/install, reset PRAM etc.):

"If you don't need to use the VSL mixer then try uninstalling the VSL software and drivers. The 1818VSL will run as a class compliant device." - IT IS NOT THE SOLUTION

"The issue that you are having seems to be hardware related. Please contact the PreSonus distributor in your region." - Are you serious? I have 1818VSL and 22VSL both with absolutely the same problem on Mac. Just a coincidence? So it cannot be hardware related.

"The only point where your Mac fails the system requirements checks is the hard drive. Your Mac has a 5200rpm hard drive. We recommend a 7200rpm hard drive.
It's possible that your clicks are a result of a bottleneck while writing to hard drive.
Best,"
- Do you see? "Mac fails" not Presonus. :thumbup: The reason is not the hard drive speed because I clearly hear these clicks while real-time playing and not recording audio.

"At this point the only recommendation that I can make would be to do a clean install of OS X. We've gone through all other options.
Best,"
- The conclusion. This goes beyond a joke.
by dilton on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:30 am
i STILL can't update the firmware on my macbook....
RESOLVED is DEFINITELY not how i would describe this. i kind of want my money back so i can get on with it and use something that WORKS
by kirkjubeck on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:15 pm
I've been working with tech support since Oct 7 last year when I initially reported this issue on my 2010 Macbook Pro. It worked great for over a year. Cut a CD from it and sounded great. Then over time, issues started showing up. Distortion, Pops, clicks in recordings, live sound cutting out, FX controls not working correctly. I had to uninstall the Presonus drivers and start using apple coreaudio (the default on Mac). However, that defeats the purpose of having onboard fat channel processors which is seriously screwing up my live recording sessions. Where it stands now: Presonus released a patch 5735 that was supposed to fix the issues.
http://www.presonus.com/downloads/produ ... _Notes.pdf

However, it didn't fix the issue for all Macbook Pro running the latest OSX and they've acknowledged so. However, it's almost a year later and its still not fixed. They're not sure when they'll have a fix available This is unacceptable!!!

HELP: For anyone else out there with the same issue, demand a fix to tech support.

**I'm running mid-2010 Macbook Pro i7 8GB RAM, latest OSX (10.10.5), Logic 9
by quinty on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:59 pm
Here is another one with the issue...
Tried to upgrade to the newest version (1.3 - build 5735) on my Macbook Pro from Mid 2014.
The first firmware upgrade was successful, the second fails every time, even after 2 times cleaning up my Mac as stated in the article: http://support.presonus.com/entries/203 ... on-my-Mac-

Now I see that Presonus is trying to fix this from May 2015 already? Hopefully Presonus is working hard to solve this!

By the way, I created a support ticket.

Macbook Pro Intel i7 @ 2.2 GHz
16Gb RAM
Mac OS X Yosemite 64-bit

Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.80 GHz
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Presonus Studio One Professional 3 64-bit
Presonus AudioBox 1818vsl
Presonus Faderport
NI Maschine 2.2
Novation UltraNova
Doepfer Dark Energy II
Edirol PCR-50
by Keni-In-Exile on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:18 pm
Hi Gang...

Doing my best to read through everything first... but it seems to go on forever! ;-)

I'm using a Mac Pro running both OSX 10.10.5 and Windows 8.1 (bootcamp).

I'm having trouble going between the platforms as my 1818vsl seems to need different firmware for each and it's always a bit tender for me switching that back and forth...

Is there yet a firmware update that runs on both?

Thanks...
Keni

30 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2