AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am running OS X Yosemite so I know there are difficulties with the drivers for the AudioBox series, however every time I try to open the VSL software it says "To use this version of control software, you must upgrade your firmware. Press 'Upgrade' to continue". Of course I try to press the button but I get an error saying that the firmware update failed (see attached screenshot).

I come across this link which says that I need to hot-plug the AudioBox device before trying... but no luck.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? A solution?

Just how far are PreSonus to solving driver issues for Yosemite? Surly they should have something ready by now?

Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 16.52.35.png
Error message when updating firmware
by alexanderbetancurosorio on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:31 pm
Hi, I'am having a problem when installing the Audiobox vsl 1.3.
I am getting the message:
Your firmware upgrade detected an error, unplug your device and power off the unit. Then turn it back on and replug the usb. When you are finished, press ‘’ok’’ to continue.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Ramon
by rafaelgonzalez on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:18 am
In my case it is the same, if not worse. I press the upgrade button and it becomes me to ask again and again. I never off the window in gray. They should have an answer to this, it can not be that I am unable to work for months having an interface inoperative. Is there another way to operate the interface without drivers?
Please Presonus! I do not want to downgrade OS X, it's very complicated !!! :readit: :hunf:
by sharonzaz on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:05 am
Read in the forum - Seems some (lots?) guys are having many issues with drivers, and latest too, failed installations
and overall troubles with the device.

http://www.sheron.co.za
https://www.youtube.com/user/sheronmusician/videos
https://soundcloud.com/sheron-imj-band/tracks

MacPro i7 12GB Ram SL 10.6.8
MBP MD101 i5 - 2.5 OS X 10.10.3
RME Multiface
Yamaha 01V96
1818VSL (Sold and gone forever)
Yamaha MSP10+SW10
Mackie DL32R
Focusrite VoiceMasterPro
Logic Pro 9
Logic Pro X
by casssax on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:40 pm
rafaelgonzalez wroteIs there another way to operate the interface without drivers?

I would like an answer to this question as well. I tried to upgrade to Yosemite but when I did my VSL22 interface stops working. So I reverted back to the previous operating system.

As El Capitain is going to be coming out soon I don't think I want to put off upgrading any longer.

Either I have to find a way to make this work without the software/drivers or get rid of the VSL22 and look for something that works.
by anderslangberg on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:23 pm
Yeah. So this problem has been around for some years now. What are PRESONUS DOING ABOUT IT??? I own to apple machines and no windows. Come on! Fix it. I am sure they dont want bad publicity, after its the customers who keep the business alive.

Audiobox 1818 VSL:

To use this version of controll software, you must upgrade your firmware.
Press Upgrade to continue.

- I press upgrade button

AudioBox VSL
Your firmware upgrade detected an error. Unplug your device and power of the unit. Then turn it back on and replug the USB. When you´re finished, Press "OK" to continue

- I unplugg the USB and power off the unit. I power the unit and plug the USB.

And this repeats over and over and over and over again. I thought Presonus was a serious manufacturer.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1