AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've searched for about an hour and I am not getting anywhere on this.

Situation: I've got an 1818 hooked to a Dell Dimenson 9150 running Windows 7 Pro using Audition 3 as the daw. For the last 2 years I've been recording occasionally with this set up without issue - both line and instrument. I now cannot seem to get things to work. I know from anecdotal accounts that the 1818 as an interface should work whether I use UC or not. (I don't actually.)

The 1818 still shows up in the drop downs in Auditions 'Audio Hardware setup' lists. When I need to record I change the setup from 'Audition 3 Windows sound' to 'Audiobox ASIO driver' making sure both the 1818 & Audition are set to the same sample rate. What used to happen is I just record whatever is going into 1818 - no issue.

What happens now varies - USB Sync light is ALWAYS blue, feeding signal from my TonePlug into ch 3 set to 0 applies to what's below. DAW set for main input /ch 3 corresponding to the ch the TP is in.

1)The 1818 setup app will show all levels at max. The unit will show 7/8 clipped (pots @ -20) and output maxed. No levels in the DAW. If I start to record the app goes silent/no levels anywhere - unit remains unchanged. If I wait several seconds instead of recording the same thing happens on its own - levels in app drop/unit stays the same.

2)If I turn the unit off and back on I might see a random meter display then no levels in the app and the unit may show 'output' @ -10. Changing the input level does not change output. No levels to DAW.

3) Cycling off/on no output levels showing anywhere. Increasing gain on 3 will eventually go into clipping (approx. 2 o'clock position) on unit only - nothing level wise shown in app. Nothing to DAW.

I believe I have the driver(s) updated as far as they can go, so to speak. I also believe this is most likely operator error. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
by THX1136 on Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:34 pm
New wrinkle:
I took a break from trying stuff, ate lunch and came back after about an hour. PC was asleep. Woke it up and observed the following.

Level present on ch 3, 7/8 and main on app, -6 on output of unit. Went into Audition, reselected 'AudioBox ASIO driver' and tried recording. It worked as it should resulting in file of the 1k tone the Tone Plug was outputting.

Thoughts?

2 posts
Page 1 of 1