AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am attempting to use the preamps on the 1818 to extend the inputs on the Apollo.
I can get the ADAT in to the Apollo from the ADAT out from the 1818 to sync, using the 1818 as a clock source, but cannot get signal into the mic pres that show up in the Apollo console software.
The Apollo does not have an in and out ADAT connection, only in. So I am assuming using the ADAT out on the 1818 would connect to the ADAT in on the Apollo , but is it sending signal from the mic pres?
If this doesn't work because it requires the ADAT out cable from the 1818, this personas have a similar preamp that would work bi-directionally off of ADAT out?
by cristofechabot on Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:53 pm
That will not work the 1818 is INTERFACE not an 8 channel ADAT pre. It does not function in standalone mode it must be connected to a computer to function. Your Apollo is already the acting interface. You cannot use them both. If you want to add more channels via ADAT to your Apollo you need a standalone 8 channel ADAT preamp such as the Presonus DigiMax DP88, MOTU 8Pre or Behringer ULTRAGAIN DIGITAL ADA8200.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1