AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I know that Presonus has discontinued the VSL program because it is not working well with Macs! reported that the 1818vsl audiobox would work well without the program! I would like to know how to configure the outputs and the clock signal without the program on windows!
by cristofe on Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:42 am
I would like to know how to configure the outputs and the clock signal without the program on windows!

Windows pc's are NOT Macs. You can't do it. You need either the latest version of Universal Control or version 1.3 if you want full VSL functionality. Both work fine.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by matthewlittle1 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:21 am
Cristofe, I have the AudioBox 1818VSL interface, running Studio One 4 Pro, on a 2019 iMac with macOS Catalina 10.15.7, 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 processor, and every time I try to open a project and play it back, nothing happens, no sounds, no movement of the placement bar, nothing. I know the support for the 1818VSL has been long discontinued, but is there anyway to fix this? Or any drivers that are compatible with my macOS?
by matthewlittle1 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:47 pm
cristofe wrote
I would like to know how to configure the outputs and the clock signal without the program on windows!

Windows pc's are NOT Macs. You can't do it. You need either the latest version of Universal Control or version 1.3 if you want full VSL functionality. Both work fine.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

Cristofe, I have the AudioBox 1818VSL interface, running Studio One 4 Pro, on a 2019 iMac with macOS Catalina 10.15.7, 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 processor, and every time I try to open a project and play it back, nothing happens, no sounds, no movement of the placement bar, nothing. I know the support for the 1818VSL has been long discontinued, but is there anyway to fix this? Or any drivers that are compatible with my macOS?
by cristofe on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:04 pm
Sorry, I do not use ANY Apple products. But many here do. Perhaps a Mac user will chime in on this issue.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1