AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello:
I had logic pro 10.5 installed on Mohave with my 1818VSL interface; all was fine.

Then I upgraded to Catalina, and now, while there is some output on playback, the volume is extremely low. I have to turn the headphones up all the way to hear it. This worked fine before the catalina upgrade.

I tried using the built-in audio, and it is normal volume. the volume meters on logic (on the top) are nornal. Everything is normal except the sound output.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt
by mattc12345 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:50 pm
one more thing. I just plugged in my old black box interface and it works perfectly.
So:
- 1818 VSL worked before catalina upgrade
- black box worked before and after
- internal audio worked before and after
- 1818 VSL doesn't work after catalina upgrade

same logic project.
by mattc12345 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:58 pm
it turns out the catalina upgrade smashed the headphone (7 and 8) outputs to about -40 or -50 db.
turning those back up to 0db fixed the problem. (applications->utilities->audio midi)

(I run my speakers on the 7/8 outputs so I can monitor with headphones).
by draganruzic on Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:48 pm
Hi!
Just a quick hijack of your thread ( I might ask this in an own thread) regarding mapping out of the AudioBox1818VSL.
The only way I can get the sound from my headphone jack is if I rout it in the Audio/Midi Setup to 7/8 as well.
The trouble is that if I only want to hear the sound from the headphones, I have to either turn down or turn off the monitors.
I'd like to use Main L and Main R for my monitors and then to listen to my headphones independently. There are two volume knobs, Main for the overall volume, and Phones, right? Why doesn't this work by default?
My daughter just bought the Focusrite interface and as soon as I connected to test it a little, I didn't need to do _anything_, it just worked directly, main output and headphones signals separated. I turned down the main volume and cranked up the headphones, perfect....
Thanks!

4 posts
Page 1 of 1