AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have an 1818VSL that served me well .

My question is if i use the 1818VSL as an ADAT slave to another interface that is connected through USB to the PC/DAW, do i need to have an active USB connection (Blue Light on) on the 1818VSL or can it be used as an ADAT slave while no USB connection is made to the 1818vsl

Another way to put this question is; Does ADAT work for the 1818VSL if the USB status light on the 1818VSL is RED (i.e. USB plugged out)

If this can be confirmed I can continue using it and extend it's usefulness by buying another presonus I will use as master connected to my pc/daw, while the 1818VSL is accessed by ADAT.

The answer to this question will dictate what UI purchase as my new interface. Thanks.

Thanks
by cristofe on Thu May 28, 2020 12:31 pm
Another way to put this question is; Does ADAT work for the 1818VSL if the USB status light on the 1818VSL is RED (i.e. USB plugged out)

In a word NO. The 1818VSL does not operate in standalone mode. It MUST be connected/synced to a computer to function. Once synced it will, of course, accept ADAT expansion from units that perform that function such as the Presonus Digimax or Behringer Ultragain ADA 8200. Firewire interfaces can be simply daisy chained....I have three Firestudio 26x26's chained together for example. USB interfaces cannot.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by retnev on Sat May 30, 2020 2:44 am
That is rather disappointing that I have to have it connected by usb to pc just to use it as an adat slave. that basically kills it. Not workable for what I need.
I will follow an alternative route then and purchase a dedicated ADAT only interface as extension.

Thank you very much for the response, that settles the question.

Thats a great dog in your avatar.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1