AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a 44VSL and Studio One 3 Pro (Windows 8.1). I am using the Universal Control as a driver for the AudioBox. I user the line outs to send signals from the AudioBox to other audio gear (mostly cameras). The AudioBox inputs and outputs are controlled within Studio One with the menu Audio I/O Setup under Song Setup. The attached photo shows the initial values of the inputs and outputs. Through trial and error I am slowly discovering how to control the content of each of the 4 line outs but I am struggling to understand the exact relationship between the 4 line outs and 4 inputs when adding mono and stereo signals in Audio I/O Setup. Is there any documentation for this that gives an explanation of all the controls within Audio I/O Setup?
img4.jpg
by cristofe on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:30 pm
There are literally hundreds of videos on this subject on YouTube. A quick Google search will turn up everything you could possibly need to know:

https://www.google.com/search?q=setting+44vsl+with+studio+one&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipgaL094jdAhWFVt8KHXaBDw8Q_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=614

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by briancassidy on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:25 pm
Thanks for the response. I have added a signature and I can confirm that I have read the manuals (AudioBox User Guide and Studio One Guide). I have also waded through numerous YouTube videos but it's hard to find just the right info. Essentially I am trying to place all 4 AudioBox inputs on a mono bus and route that simultaneously to Line Outs 1&2. Maybe I have that already with the default I/O configuration but I am not sure. The Audio I/O Setup / Output tab shows the Main bus with the left channel going to Line Out #1 and the right channel going to Line Out #2 which is not really what I want. Maybe the 44VSL can't do what I want to do. I wonder if the Studio One forum is a better place for this question.

Computer: ThinkPad T450s W8.1 - Audio Interface: AudioBox 44VSL - Audio Software: Studio One Pro 3
by cristofe on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:48 am
I wonder if the Studio One forum is a better place for this question.

Maybe so as it is in Studio One that you set up the 44VSL's routing options.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1