AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
G’day

Just setting up my first home studio!
I have an 1818vsl which all 8 channels are working fine. I’m trying to hook up an octane to get another 8 channels. Octane only has adat out so I’ve got that going to adat in on the 1818vsl. They are both set to 44.1 and I’m not using a world clock cable, should I be? The 8 adat channels are showing up in studio artist - in song set up, but I can’t record anything.

I cannot find anywhere to set up one as master and the other as slave? I have the clock set to internal cause if I change it to adat the USB light flashes and it won’t sync. I’m on Windows 8.1 with studio artist.

Please help!

Cheers
Gary
by cristofechabot on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:00 pm
This set up should work. The fact that you are seeing the ADAT channels show up in S1 confirms that it is. I believe you simply don't have your audio routing correctly set up in Studio One.

I’m not using a world clock cable, should I be?

That's a good idea but you should be able to record the ADAT channels without it.

I cannot find anywhere to set up one as master and the other as slave?

That's irrelevant. As the 1818 is directly connected to the pc and the Octane is not, the
1818 is, by default, the master.

There are hundreds of videos online regarding how to properly route audio devices in S1.
Do a bit of Googling.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1