AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
*I couldn't work out how to edit the title so I deleted the previous post and I am reposting it here.

I recently acquired a Presonus 44VSL Audiobox and it's been a real roller coaster trying to understand some of the changes that have taken place in my absence from computer music :)

I am hoping someone can help me understand.

So it seems because of changes to the MAC operating system, Presonus could not or did not want to support the VSL software anymore for the MAC. What is confusing at this point is why it's been discontinued for the PC operating system...

It then seems that not only have users who update lost the features of VSL like real time effects, but users have also lost the ability to use Zero Latency Monitoring ....

It's actually this last one I find the most baffling. About 10 years ago I had a Firestudio, it's firmware & drivers were updated years later, when universal control was released it was still able to use zero latency monitoring (still does actually). What s going on here? How / Why was it not possible to still keep zero latency monitoring for the VSL Audiobox?

That's quite a minor thing to lose, completely dropping zero latency monitoring and VSL effects is surprising to say the least.

I sat drinking my coffee reading through everything in disbelief. I wondered if anyone was able to shed any more light on this bizarre situation.

What happened :)?

Laptop: MSI GE72 6QD Apache Pro
HDD: 2 x 512GB SSD
Ram: 16GB DDR3
CPU: Core i7 6700HQ
by rjplus on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:38 am
Hi,

The legacy windows VSL drivers version 1.3 still work fine with windows 10.

Found here "https://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-44VSL/downloads"
Then click the Show/Hide all versions link. It is the last one listed.

I think you are out of luck on a Mac.

Cheers,
Roy
by Reisejoker on Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:30 am
Would love to download the latest legacy driver for my AudioBox 44VSL to use Zero Latency and onboard FX again. On Presonus support i can only find Universal Control. Even when im logged in an click on "show all versions"... :evil:
Perhaps somebody knows a place where to retrieve the good old VSL Software...
Greetings
Bernhard
by cristofe on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:27 pm
Did you not read the previous post?? The link was posted for ALL legacy VSL drivers.

https://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-44VSL/downloads

The 44VSL is a discontinued legacy product. If your OS is not listed in the drop down menu
on this page then you cannot use the VSL features. Apple and Microsoft have made big changes
to their OS's that have caused a lot of hardware and software from many manufacturers to no longer work. It's called progress. If the hardware becomes incompatible than the manufacturers cannot simply write new drivers. It doesn't work that way. The product must be retired and they must design new ones that work with current pc's and OS's. If your OS does not support VSL the 44 can still be used as a standard audio/midi interface.

I myself, have and love two Firestudio 26x26's. They are not compatible with any Win OS past 7. So I built a new Win7 machine just for them. Much cheaper than replacing the interfaces.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1