AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I was using my 1818vls to run some audio in Windows 10. Suddenly I got a blue screen in Windows and had to hard restart it. The 1818 was gone. No sync. Tried the usual stuff and could get it to sync. I've had this happen before and I always restored the PC from backup and it would sync right back up like something in Windows messed up. This time the restore did not work. It still won't sync. I've tried changing cables and other USB ports. Other USB devices work fine including my Tascam interface.. When I go into device manager and show hidden devices it shows the 1818 under other devices and the status is this:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

It appears that Windows just won't see it.

Any ideas?
by bruceleonard1 on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:04 pm
I am having the same problem ever since I let windows install the Creators update it has screwed up the usb2 drivers . Microsoft admitted they made a mistake when the kinect cameras all stopped working on windows 10 . We finally deleted the drivers and software package and reinstalled using compatibility mode and windows now sees the cameras again but every time they post a patch on 10 my usb2 port gets more unstable. And I don't think Microsoft is doing a thing about it . Now my 1818 usb sync light just flashs red blue and it doesn't do any thing. Help !
Bruce Leonard
by jimmygrant on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:53 am
did you ever get it to work. I cannot get windows to see my 1818. All that happens, is all the lights start to go crazy after about 5 minutes plugged in. I've tried all USB ports, different cables, uninstall, reinstall, bla, blah, and nothing works. My PC, in fact three of them, will not see the 1818. So is it shite now? Do I have to just get a focusrite product that will actually work?

3 posts
Page 1 of 1