AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I have an Audiobox 1818vsl. I have been using the Audiobox successfully for several months on a Windows 10 Laptop. The setup was minimal and did not give me any issues. The laptop is old and doesnt run great so I decided to start using the box on my Windows 7 PC (specifically not upgrading OS). I've ran into issues immediately. It appears that the Audiobox is not being detected by the PC. When attempting to install the drivers, it prompts me to connect the Audiobox but then says its not detected. The usb sync light flashes from blue to red. First the flashing is slow.. about 1-2 seconds on red and then 1-2 seconds on blue... then the speed of the flash increases to the point where its just solid red. I can't seem to get past this point. So here is a list of system specs and a list of what I have tried:

AMD Fx-6350 Six core processor @ 4.20 ghz
16 Gb of ddr3 RAM
MSI 970 motherboard
Radeon r9 280x videocard
DAW: Sonar Professional
Fresh install of Windows 7 taboot
USB mouse and keyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I have tried:
-Plugging into only USB2 ports, and all of them on my PC
-Disconnecting from Wifi
-Reformatting the PC a couple times
-Disconnecting all USB aside from mouse
-Tried 4 different USB cables of varying length (3ft, 6ft x2, 9ft)
-Giving it time (the longer periods of time between turning the box on and off appears to affect the length of time the usb sync light stays blue for)
-Deleting all prior drivers to other Digital Audio interfaces
-Deleting all traces of audiobox or presonus software (followed the guide on how to remove the drivers on the presonus site)
-Plugging it back into the Windows 10 laptop only for it not work on the laptop now. (acts the same way as it does with the Windows 7 PC)
- Tried the most recent drivers and all legacy drivers
-Opening a Presonus support ticket (unsuccessful)
-After sending in the latency test, I was told this PC isnt powerful enough to record audio...Which I don't believe
-Also they told me to reformat my Windows 7 PC multiple times.. but as it stands, Presonus claims that this machine isnt powerful enough.

My thoughts; The Windows 7 PC has the hardware to record audio effectively and efficiently.. As it does with my other interfaces (only 2 and 4 channels on those, M-Audio.. not Presonus). Is there known issues when trying to use the box back and forth between multiple machines? I know that it can only be installed and use on one USB port. Do discrepancies come up with the firmware or the enumeration process when plugging into a different machine? Could it be a faulty box?? A couple of things to note would be when I plug it in... I get no notification from windows that something has been plugged in. It doesnt show up on my device manager window. Also the usb plug on the back of the Audiobox 1818vsl is quite loose. Perhaps there is something small I am overlooking, but I believe by this point I have followed the guides, read online manual, read message boards, and even opened a support ticket with Presonus. Any info would help.
Thanks,
Dan
by xzb6np on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:52 am
Same problem I have. No resolution so far.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1