AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I was using my 1818VSL a few years ago with Audiobox, but sinced performed a fresh install of Windows 10. Thefore, I installed Universal Control 2.0.2, performed the firmware update as suggested, and my 1818VSL is recognised.

Alas, the USB sync LED doesn't light up blue as it did before, and only flashes red when I turn it on. Also, I can't seem to record anything with my mics, either plugging in headphones or on StudioLive.

Note: When I test my 7/8 channel in Windows sound settings, I can hear the audio sample in my headphones.

Config:

Windows 10 64 bits, Presonus 1818VSL.

Thanks in advance for your help!
by cristofe on Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 am
Sounds like perhaps the install did not go properly. Have you performed a proper uninstall/reinstall?

http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210044673-How-do-I-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-AudioBox-drivers-in-Windows-8-or-Windows-10-

It could be a number of other issues as well. Have you optimized your pc for audio production?
Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port?

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by adrienharnay on Mon May 22, 2017 2:20 pm
Hi,

I installed the software on a clean install, but for the sport I did a clean uninstall/reinstall, still no luck.

I didn't do any optimization for audio production, wi-fi is disabled, and I am plugged to a USB2 port.

I also read the manual.
by cristofe on Tue May 23, 2017 11:51 am
Well then, if you have not already done so, I suggest you open a support ticket. They'll get you sorted out.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by adrienharnay on Sun May 28, 2017 8:05 am
Thanks, I've done that, but so far it's just a ping pong of the same manipulations without real results... Wait & See for the next answer on Monday :roll:
by magnusholen on Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:52 pm
Did this get resolved?

PC - i5 6600k gigabyte z170-mx 16gb ddr ram win10 64bit
Reaper
Presonus 1818VSL
Roland TD-12
by adrienharnay on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:08 pm
Well, no... I just gave up on the Presonus support
by shocktech on Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:13 pm
I am having a similar issue with my 1818vsl. After upgrading my iMac to OS X El Capitan and Studio One 4 with Universal Control the interface will not sync (red and blue alternating light). Sometimes it intermittently appears in UC. It worked perfect under S1 v3 with old firmware and driver. After checking all of the obvious stuff I opened a ticket and got the usual replies from different people in tech support: send the Mac System Report, remove VSL, re-install OS X, you’ll have to send your device in for repair. I’m wondering if they’re not telling me that there’s some mod that can be done to make it truly work as a class compliant device that I have to pay for?
It’s been 24 days and the ticket is still open. It’s funny because they offered me S1 v5 for free because I just purchased v4 a month ago, but I won’t be able to take advantage of that offer. How about a reasonable trade-in for my 1818 for a newer Presonus interface that works as promised. That might work!

Imac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core Duo i7, 16gb
OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Studio One 4.6
Audiobox 1818vsl

8 posts
Page 1 of 1