AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi - Please feel free to direct me to where this may have already been posted. I purchased an AudioBox 1818VSL a few weeks ago and have been working with it through Ableton Live 9. I've run into a few issues and i believe it's due to VSL settings not be configured correctly. The question i have however, is through the universal control panel for the AudioBox, the only option i have is to launch VSL in "Demo" mode. It appears almost that it cannot run without being launched within Studio One. Am i missing something regarding how to launch it for use outside of Studio One?

I'm having issues with audio input not playing unless i'm in my DAW (Ableton), and similarly, cannot hear any headphone output. I've read that channels 7/8 need to be configured properly for headphone output, but i can't get VSL to launch the way its shown in youtube videos I've found. I should also add, I've confirmed my control panel is up to date as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
by matthewgorman on Wed May 10, 2017 12:24 pm
What version of Universal Control is installed, and what OS are you running on the pc?

The VSL software was discontinued with the IOS update to El Cap, as there were some architectural changes in the OS that prevented VSL from working. However, VSL can still be used on some MAC systems and Win os with an older version of UC.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by samuelchafin on Wed May 10, 2017 5:43 pm
matthewgorman wroteWhat version of Universal Control is installed, and what OS are you running on the pc?

The VSL software was discontinued with the IOS update to El Cap, as there were some architectural changes in the OS that prevented VSL from working. However, VSL can still be used on some MAC systems and Win os with an older version of UC.

I'm running Windows 10 (64 bit), and Universal Control 2.0.2.42749 (says current as of 4/21/17). That said, what are my options given VSL has been discontinued? Would it just be a matter of getting an older UC version?
by samuelchafin on Wed May 10, 2017 6:08 pm
@matthewgorman - Appreciate the assistance. What you recommended above did the trick. I installed a legacy version that was specifically mentioned in the VSL discontinuation notice. That did the trick right away for all the issues i've been having.
by matthewgorman on Thu May 11, 2017 7:22 am
You beat me to it. That was the fix. VSL was removed in UC 1.8 I believe.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by cristofe on Fri May 12, 2017 2:27 pm
Personally, I've never been happier with the series! I have three separate machines running three different versions of the software.....each dedicated to a specific use. The older VSL included versions let me use the Audiobox as a live mixer and the non-VSL version is much lighter on the CPU and allows me to use the interface to multi-track with a little HP netbook. Never could do that with the old drivers. :+1

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1