AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi - I just purchased an AudioBox 1818VSL the other day and set it up yesterday. It works great so far as i had an old M-Audio MobilePre (first gen) before, with one exception i've noticed. One of the things i was able to do with the MobilePre was hear my audio input regardless of whether or not i had a DAW running.

My AudioBox 1818VSL doesn't appear to let me do that any longer. I've confirmed audio input works just fine through my DAW, but doesn't outside of it. Audio output from my computer works just fine in that scenario, howevever.

I have played around with configuration settings in windows control panel, can see that the input channels are receiving sound, but its just not playing it out for some reason. (I have the main outs, 1/2 selected). Has anyone run into this, and/or is this expected?
by matthewgorman on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:37 am
I think you need to go into the WDM settings (if on windows), and configure what output to use for PC audio. Doing that and also windows audio properties should get you going.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by samuelchafin on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:27 pm
Thanks.

That didn't look to work unfortunately. I did also find in additional research that ASIO should not be installed and have since removed since i'm no longer using my old interface. No change.

Currently the AudioBox 1818VSL is set as my main output device (Lines 1/2, user guide notes indicate this is the main output), and my default recording device is Line 3/4 (where my keyboard is running to). It shows input recognized within the windows dialog, but does not output any audio. Upon attempting to update drivers through UC, it looks like i'm all up to date.

Has anyone else run into this?

3 posts
Page 1 of 1