AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
101 postsPage 6 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Here we are September 2019 and I started having pop and click issues with my 44VSL. With all the updates between Windows 10 and Studio 4.5.3 and UC 3.1 and Faderport16 3.2. I was ready to ditch the lot and go back to my trusty Yamaha AW1600 which never gave me a lick of trouble. After a whole lot of reading (not recording) and futzing with unloading and loading drivers (practice recording) I think I found the issue. I believe it was my wired internet connection. When I unplugged it, I lost a ground loop that I noticed was picking up a radio station when I cranked the volume all the way, and after I re-booted the computer with no internet connection, the pops and clicks went away. I also uninstalled the 44VSL and then re-installed UC 3.1 which re-installed the 44VSL. I reduced it to 32 samples and left the second part at 128. Neither of the last things made a difference. Also my CPU never spiked or even rose much above 6 or 7% during recording or playback. The pops and clicks were recorded on the track. I don't know if this helps anyone but there you have it. My experience. Like one of the previous posters said. The Daw should be a standalone unit dedicated to music/ video production only.

101 postsPage 6 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6