AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
101 postsPage 2 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
I have the same issue with my MacBook Pro OSX 10.10.2, And presonus 1818 VLS AUDIOBOX 1.3.5653 Driver Version 1.50.0.5653 Firmware Version 1.18 and Logic X

Can i do any think to sove it ?

I can't work whit this noises on record.

some body found some work around to fix or minimize this issue ?

:thumbdown:
by atomgram on Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:18 am
If "Don't use the interface you paid five hundred bucks to own" is an answer, then yes. I use my older Mackie Onyx to capture and still use the 1818VSL for output because I love the output capabilities. It still pops. crackles, sizzles frequently and ever completely shuts down on occasion. Apparently there is a fix in the works but even the mods here are starting to get testy with frustrated people. Not a good sign. Still we wait.

MacBook Pro 2015 2.9-8gig ram, Early 2008 MacPro 2x3.2, 8gig ram, Logic Pro X, MainStage 3.2, El Capitan current.
by mwright137 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:14 pm
atomgram wroteApparently there is a fix in the works but even the mods here are starting to get testy with frustrated people. Not a good sign. Still we wait.

Examples?

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by atomgram on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:50 pm
viewtopic.php?f=165&t=6565

Maybe I misunderstood that response, but it seemed snarky.

I might be wrong about that person's status as a moderator, but I thought names in red were the indicator. If I am mistaken, please accept an apology and I will delete my comment. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 2015 2.9-8gig ram, Early 2008 MacPro 2x3.2, 8gig ram, Logic Pro X, MainStage 3.2, El Capitan current.
by mwright137 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:10 pm
I don't think he necessarily meant to be snarky. We do see a lot of questions on the forum asking for release dates and constantly have to remind people that it is generally not likely to get an actual date from PreSonus until it is pretty well assured to happen. If they would give out dates and then the date had to get pushed back due to testing, eventually people would be more upset than not having a release date at all.

The comment higher up in that thread is from the VP of sales. He says they have a fix in the works. That is all we will hear until it is ready. I think that's all Cristofe meant.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by atomgram on Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:05 pm
Thanks and Sorry. I am admittedly a little frustrated myself, but understand. I got a lot of help from support and am really too busy to use my AudioBox very much anyway. Just am reminded whenever I get on YouTube and the like. Patiently waiting!

by aoVI on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:43 pm
I now eat these words...
Last edited by aoVI on Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Win11 Pro / i7 8770K @5.01 GHz / 32GB RAM / 960 Evo 1TB M.2 boot drive / 2x WD Gold 4T storage / 980 Pro 2TB M.2 project drive / 980 Pro 2TB M.2 sample drive / 2x WD 2T Black storage / Asus Maximus X Hero mobo / EVGA GTX1060 FTW / BCR2000 / Mackie Control Universal / Arturia The Lab49 / Studio 1824C / ATOM drum pad / MioXM Midi network / ProTools 11 / Studio One 5 / Reaper 5 / Temblor T10
by alejandrosuazo on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:43 pm
"I removed the problem by replacing my Audiobox.
Still love using Studio One, but no more Presonus hardware for me."

I agree, I moved to FOCUSRITE, still use Studio One!
by matthewgorman on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:01 am
atomgram wroteThanks and Sorry. I am admittedly a little frustrated myself, but understand. I got a lot of help from support and am really too busy to use my AudioBox very much anyway. Just am reminded whenever I get on YouTube and the like. Patiently waiting!

TBO, I would be frustrated also. The one thing I can say for sure is Presonus is completely focused on resolving this. The perceived silence may not be helping the situation, but in no way should that be taken as disinterest. The goal is to release a solid driver when it is ready, instead of a half baked solution to quiet the concerns.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by atomgram on Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:24 am
TBO, I would be frustrated also. The one thing I can say for sure is Presonus is completely focused on resolving this. The perceived silence may not be helping the situation, but in no way should that be taken as disinterest. The goal is to release a solid driver when it is ready, instead of a half baked solution to quiet the concerns.

Good to know. I have been using a fairly capable workaround and have time to spare. Hope all goes well and will keep checking. I will agree to beta testing if necessary. LMK. Thanks again, Adam

by cristofe on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:56 pm
mwright137 wroteI don't think he necessarily meant to be snarky. We do see a lot of questions on the forum asking for release dates and constantly have to remind people that it is generally not likely to get an actual date from PreSonus until it is pretty well assured to happen. If they would give out dates and then the date had to get pushed back due to testing, eventually people would be more upset than not having a release date at all.

The comment higher up in that thread is from the VP of sales. He says they have a fix in the works. That is all we will hear until it is ready. I think that's all Cristofe meant.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I'm sorry if my lack of wordiness made my response appear to be snarky. That was certainly not my intention.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

by sharonzaz on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:25 am
What you should/could do is make a sticky at the download section as well as the forum, perhaps a flashing
red tag that inform the public that:
- you are aware of the increasing problems and are working on the problems;
- are suggesting that some systems refrain from upgrading to newer drivers and/or OS as
there are some known issues etc.

instead, we have mr. Christof cutting and pasting his ever so popular ''have you optimized your system'' all
over the place, not even bothering to see some of those are Mac users, not to say that most modern systems hardly
require any tweaking what so ever.
further, he suggests that only a mere few users deal with issues, while the rest are happy.

That is BS.

sitting is silence is THE SINGLE WORSE thing you can do to a client.

The ''here and there'' coming out the closet from you guys is way more comforting, cause
atleast now we see that you actually DO care.

lets see if this msg will be left here, or deleted, like another similar ive posted a while back.

http://www.sheron.co.za
https://www.youtube.com/user/sheronmusician/videos
https://soundcloud.com/sheron-imj-band/tracks

MacPro i7 12GB Ram SL 10.6.8
MBP MD101 i5 - 2.5 OS X 10.10.3
RME Multiface
Yamaha 01V96
1818VSL (Sold and gone forever)
Yamaha MSP10+SW10
Mackie DL32R
Focusrite VoiceMasterPro
Logic Pro 9
Logic Pro X
by Realdrummerdan on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:50 pm
I have the same issue :(
I have everything updated as well with my 1818vsl.

My comp is more than enough to handle it as well...cpu:8core 4.4ghz. 8gigs of 1866hz ram.

I've been dealing with either having pops and clicks or ridiculous latency.

"zero latency" my bleep!
by kennyjohnson1 on Sat May 09, 2015 9:40 pm
Turn your wifi off.
That's what was causing my pops that sounded like I was listening to an LP.
The pops weren't on the recording, but at random spots during playback. I would loop a section that had pops and noticed the pops were never in the same spots. My laptop has a switch to turn off the wifi receiver. I turn it off and no more pops during playback! I turn off the internet router too, just to be safe. I hope this helps some of you!
by wyndryder on Mon May 11, 2015 6:29 pm
I'm very much in this same boat ... recording and sometimes playback with lots of pops, clicks, etc. at any buffer setting, and even just recording a single track, no processing, minimal CPU load.

Had the problem from day one of setup, and assumed that my hardware wasn't up to it, or that I was doing something wrong. I spent a long time messing with options, trying various settings, turning off wi-fi and optimizing in any way possible, but no joy. Somehow I'd missed these threads where people are having the same trouble regardless of CPU type, power, RAM, etc.

So now I'm somewhat comforted by the fact that it's an interface (or driver) issue, and others are experiencing the same issue, but I'm still frustrated that the problem exists at all ...

Essentially, the interface is unusable at this point, and has never been usable for me. Sad.

As part of my testing, I did a few different things.

In one round of tests, I installed and ran Ableton Live Lite to see if the problem was still there. It was, with lots of the same types of pops, clicks, and whatnot. But, Live also needed quite a bit more CPU power to run smoothly, so I was unsure if that may have been the issue.

I tried using the ASIO4ALL universal driver (with Studio One) instead of the Audiobox one, and the situation may have been slightly better, but still no joy - still pops and clicks when recording even the simplest track.

To try and narrow things down, I tried a friend's Macbook. He runs Ableton Live, and I simply plugged in the USB from my Audiobox 44VSL and his system immediately recognized everything perfectly and configured itself (sigh ...) It all worked perfectly. No pops, clicks, or anything. It was beautiful. Keep in mind that this was all "VSL" input, and not just running the audio inputs straight in. We did a bunch of recording, including some pretty dynamic stuff (lots of bandwidth, I was assuming), and it all worked brilliantly. So, the hardware seems good, and is working fine. It's clearly the Windows driver and environment that is the issue (and perhaps Studio One itself somehow?)

So, please, please, fix this problem and make it possible for me to actually use my interface. In the meantime, I am learning Studio One, but I can't actually record and keep anything at this point.

If I can provide more info, or help with testing a solution, I'm up for that. Please let us all know of any progress.

Cheers,

Robin
by griffeyt53 on Mon May 18, 2015 8:31 pm
Rick - Your "hope" to have a driver out to deal with the current AudioboxVSL hardware issues is NOT a professional business solution or response. Unfortunately the Presonus unprofessional approach to solving issues with this line of hardware is degrading your other hardware lines of business as well as Studio One software. As an example, the ADL line of pre's sound VERY good and the price point is competitive but we can't buy them as we can't trust current Presonus hardware support! Buy the new "192" in a few days is NOT a logical purchase by any means based upon the support of the AudioboxVSL line. When we depend upon the reliability of our hardware investments for our business, Presonus fails miserably with the VSL line of products and its support. Professionals as well as some national vendors are abandoning their use/sales of your hardware based upon your current support issues. With that being a primary focus of the current Presonus business products, I just hope that your support of Studio One will continue as it is a great piece of software.
by themaartian on Tue May 19, 2015 9:46 am
Same here. I'm dumping my 44VSL.

I've heard that Tascam are now developing the drivers for their new audio interfaces in-house, to get away from the problems they were having with outsourced development.

Also great hardware, but Tascam have already released a couple of updates since the US-2x2 and US-4x4 were released (recently). It's my understanding they've added a US-16x8 to the line.

The cool thing is...you can (and, in fact, should) install their ASIO driver before plugging in the i/f for the first time. That will allow me to test it against the known failure caused by the 44VSL ASIO driver.

How can I test the Tascam driver without their hardware attached? Easy. Here's the problem I've had since last October when I bought several of the Slate Digital plugins...the f$$%##^^*&^%#$king iLok. I have NEVER been able to get it to work on my system. After many HUNDREDS of wasted hours, I have narrowed the problem down to the 44VSL driver. And not even doing anything. It only has to be "running" (that is, the 44VSL is powered ON).

So. Nothing I can do.

I have NOT opened a support ticket. Why bother?

Oh. My prediction for the big announcement tomorrow?

MEH.

I've trained assessors for the precursor to the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. I've trained software development managers on SEI's CMM (Software Engineering Institute's Capability Maturity Model) for software development. I ran the European and Asian Six Sigma consulting businesses for Motorola University (when that actually meant something :( ). I know good customer relationship management from bad.

And PreSonus, for as much as I want to love their products, clearly has no idea of how to manage their existing customer base.

Here's a quick example of a company that does...Slate Digital.

Recall that they are the source of my problem (the freaking iLok), but I love them anyway. Those of you who own their VCC plugins, you'll know exactly what I mean.

When S.D. were developing v2 of VCC (moving them to the Virtual Mix Rack), there were delays. Owners of their FG-X plugin were having identified issues whose elimination were under development...also delayed. And then there was a new product announcement coming.

Sound familiar?

What did they do differently?

I got regular emails (1 to 2 per month) from Steven Slate dealing specifically with the software development work around the VCC and FG-X, assuring me that it was still ongoing, that an additional resource had been hired specifically to assist with that effort, and that the work being done on the new product was in no way drawing resources away from the update and bug fixes for the existing products. He also explained the rationale behind their business decision the move the VCC plugins to the Mix Rack (and the upfront work required to do that). And there was a final email explaining why it would take a couple of more weeks to finish.

And they did.

That's one very good way to dealing with your existing customer base. PreSonus could learn from Slate Digital. A lot.

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by xzb6np on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:09 pm
I sold my 44vsl after owning it nearly three years losing lots of money because it never worked right. Constantly dropped output and had to be rebooted. Tech supports solution was to unplug everything USB from the computer. Gee I need that mouse and keyboard to work. Ya right. My 1818 has been pretty good. I still get pops occasionally on playback and I get the occasional full meter blast of static once in a while but it general works good. I did suffer a hardware failure in the middle of a recording session with a client when I started to smell something burning during a 7 track recording session. It started dropping out pre-amps and 48v was gone. Cost me $78 to send it in and get it fixed.

I think they owe us new hardware.
by mikaleerhart on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:25 am
I downloaded a different ASIO driver not made by Presonus and it's working better for my AudioBox USB (in Propellerhead Reason).

This is what I'm using:
http://www.asio4all.com/
by wyndryder on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:31 pm
Rick (rnaqvi), could you please post a notification on this thread when you do publish your new drivers, so that those of us here are updated? That would be excellent.

Robin

101 postsPage 2 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6