AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
39 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Guys I'm really disappointed in my 1818VSL intarface
coz it lost all it charm to me.
The most important part of the interface (for me) has gone!
VSL is was a major feature that made me buy this interface and I've used it a lot!
No other interface had this option on the time of buying for this price.
I have a rehearsal/recording space which I use for my projects. When recording, everyone are in headphones and a good monitor mix is essential. There is none now!

Guys VSL was your main selling point for VSL interfaces - GET IT BACK!!!!

Until you're chewning I'll swap my 1818 for UA Appollo.
And I will be not alone in doing this.

GET A FIX
by Skip Jones on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:34 pm
VSL is no longer supported in current the driver but it still works like new with 1.3. I can only verify for Windows systems. Read the link regarding Apple OS's.

Look under Legacy Downloads. http://www.presonus.com/products/AudioB ... /downloads

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by pixelrock on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:23 pm
When I downgraded to 1.3 driver my MacOS Sierra went insane! When I did reboot after install the system was showing black screen with system status messages, then it would reboot itself. I went to safe mode to remove the driver and installed 1.8 on top of it.

Maybe I did not uninstall 1.8 driver before downgrading to 1.3.
by danielwolk on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:24 pm
What is different between 1.3 & 1.8.3? I'm working on Yosemite / Sierra Mac OS...
Why should use 1.3 when 1.8 has a new (better?) Firmware?

Daniel
by pixelrock on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:38 pm
There is no virtual mixer (VSL) when you can lay effects on a cue mix.
by Analyst on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:13 pm
Skip Jones wroteVSL is no longer supported in current the driver but it still works like new with 1.3.

Look under Legacy Downloads. http://www.presonus.com/products/AudioB ... /downloads

Is there a special procedure for rolling back? My computer also went a little crazy and I couldn't get the 1.3 driver to make it through the install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
by Royster on Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:36 pm
My advise is to get rid of the Audio box. I bought my 1818VSL only a few days ago and luckily the store I bought it from are giving me a refund.
Replacing it with... probably should say on a competitors forum.
by edouarddeganay1 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:52 am
Hello everybody,

I bought the VSL 1818 last week in order to mix ans record at the same time.
What was my disapointment, when I figured out that VSL isn't supported anymore. :cry:
Finally I downloaded the 1.3 driver (Win) and I did a live session last saturday.
And It was awesome!
Please Presonus team, bring us back this amazing feature.
The VSL box included brillant preamps along with outstanding AD convertors.
And It will be heaven if you release in the future a new version of VSL.

Greeting from Belgium
Edouard
by charlescohen on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:32 am
I run StudioOne Professional on a powerful HP Notebook with Windows 10 and an AMD A8 processor and plenty of RAM. I recently upgraded my Audiobox USB to an Audiobox 1818VSL....to finally get on USB 2.0 protocol and more channels, but mainly to get the VSL features (processing from "inside" the audiobox), such as the fat-channel processing (mixer/EQ's/comp/limiters/reverb/delay) and low/no latency monitoring & effects. I, like everyone else, was extremely upset when I hooked up the box and the new Universal Control Software's version of everything rendered everything useless. UC "did" auto-upgrade my box's firmware to the latest version, but......I had no sound out of my box's headphone jack (dead), and none of the "demo" StudioLive mixer GUIs in the UC software controlled anything. I was ready to take the box right back to the music store I bought it from, thinking it was broke, but then I read the info on Presonus support and this forum. I used my favorite 3rd party utility "uninstaller" program to fully remove all trace of Universal Control and its driver packages, and then downloaded and installed VSL 1.3 from the "legacy" section of the Presonus 1818VSL support "downloads" page. ....and now....the box works fine! ....and the VSL software does everything it's supposed to, ...and the headphone and lines 7/8 jacks work now. NOTE: A "side-effect" of rolling back to VSL1.3 software & driver is that it automatically prompts you to roll-back and re-install what "it" thinks the latest firmware for the box is (which is not as current as what the UC software loaded into it), but you know what? ......that is probably a good thing too! It sounds like to me that Presonus wants everyone to buy their 192 series interfaces. Yes, I would LOVE to get one of those instead, but unfortunately most of us in the real world are on a budget, and I couldn't afford to spend "twice" the amount of money for one. I'm glad I got this worked-out, and I hope I don't run into any other hidden problems down the road. I like StudioOne Professional DAW and over the board am happy with all of my Presonus Products.

Chuck Cohen
Studio 192, Faderport 8, Studio One Pro 5.3, gen-7 i7 computer
by gavinsteiner on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:59 am
What the heck?? I was about to purchase a VSL unit specifically for these features!

Why would Presonus sell an interface with the feature in it's name and then REMOVE the feature?

Is this the type of crap Presonus pulls often? If so I'm moving away from their platform.
by richardcattell on Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:58 am
Skip Jones wroteVSL is no longer supported in current the driver but it still works like new with 1.3. I can only verify for Windows systems. Read the link regarding Apple OS's.

The VSL software with version 1.3 doesn't work on windows for me anymore (since the windows 10 aniversary update) which is extremely annoying since I brought the 1818VSL specifically for the VSL features!

Has anyone been able to get the VSL software to work on windows 10 with the latest updates?

Failing that I'm going to have to buy something else to use that has mixer/VSL type features.. any suggestions for alterternative interfaces? (Preferably not presonus)

Rich
by Skip Jones on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:00 am
Yes, I am on the latest public build of Windows 10 (version 1607 build 14393.576) and it works here. Did you follow the instructions on how to uninstall and revert back? I know of others that have successfully gone back and are happy.

Have you opened a support ticket? Keep in mind that they will be back in the office on Tuesday due to the weekend holiday.

Skip

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by richardcattell on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:46 am
Skip Jones wroteYes, I am on the latest public build of Windows 10 (version 1607 build 14393.576) and it works here. Did you follow the instructions on how to uninstall and revert back? I know of others that have successfully gone back and are happy.

Have you opened a support ticket? Keep in mind that they will be back in the office on Tuesday due to the weekend holiday.

Ah ok!

I was under the impression that the VSL software had been discontinued because it no longer works on MAC or Windows platforms, but appears that I might have been mistaken.. I did try to uninstall and reinstall the drviers, but looks like there are a few things in the uninstall procedure that I didn't try. Will try the uninstall again and see if I can get it to work.

Many Thanks

Rich
by Skip Jones on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:54 am
Regarding Mac.Please read the notice in the Legacy Downloads section of the 1818VSL product page for moree information regarding the Mac platform..

Skip

by robertstarbuck on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:09 pm
I posted this under another topic thread here...but here goes (again):

I have a couple of questions regarding the advisability of de-installing the VSL driver for my AudioBox 1818 and replacing it by installing Presonus' Universal Control 1.8 (or 1.8.1?):

(1) The latency on my current VSL software is negligible...I don't want to trade "up" to something that possibly has GREATER latency. Does Presonus' current Universal Control 1.8 (or 1.8.1) have similar near-zero latency? Does it have other possible disadvantages?

(2) If I find the Universal Control is unsatisfactory, de-install it, and then re-install the AudioBox 1818's VSL that Presonus offers, will it be the SAME as the successful VSL product I started with? Or will Presonus' replacement "legacy" VSL installation be something different?

Thanks (again), Bob
by PatrickMichael on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:29 pm
I did what most folks here did and was looking for better control, better fat channels, etc when I installed UC 1.8. I was very surprised to see what seemed a watered down "thing" that really removed what the 1818VSL was all about. I was surprised to see it updating the actual box too. I went reverted but can't remember if 1.3 is there now. I'll need to check. However, it does seem that the fat channels are just not doing or sounding like they are making the difference that they used too. Anyone else notice this?
by Skip Jones on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:57 pm
No. Nothing was changed. Still works as rolled out with the right driver.

Skip

by fernandolins on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 am
I too am really disappointed that the VSL features are gone. I have an Audiobox 44VSL which I guess is not VSL anymore. Why can't these features be implemented on the new driver/firmware?
I spent more to get a VSL instead of any other "plain" USB interface because of these features and 2 years later they're gone.

Fernando Lins
Electronic music @ [url]loqvst.com[/url]

Studio One 4.5.1 Professional
AudioBox 1818 VSL - latest driver/firmware
Windows 10 64-bit - latest
Intel Core i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz
16GB RAM
Geforce GTX 950
by charlescohen on Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 am
The notice was saying that Presonus is discontinuing support and discontinuing making & releasing upgrades/revisions of the VSL software (client/GUI), due to problems with it working the new version of Mac OS (El Capitan). However, the VSL software still works fine with earlier versions of Mac OS, and works fine with the latest updated releases of Windows 10, as well as prior Windows versions. I am using it on my Windows 10 laptop which has all the latest updates & upgrades to the operating system.

...but keep in mind that there is no VSL software/gui control included in any of Presonus' releases of the more recent "Universal Control" driver/update packages. In order to have & use the VSL software/gui control, you have to use the most recent driver/update package that comes before all the releases of the newer Universal Control packages, and that is package "VSL 1.3" which will allow the 1818VSL to function properly and allow it to be fully controlled by the VSL software/gui controller client it provides in the package.

BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT....YOU MUST DO A COMPLETED UNINSTALL (REMOVAL) OF ANY PRESONUS AUDIOBOX UPDATE/DRIVER PACKAGE THAT IS CURRENTLY ON YOUR COMPUTER (i.e. - the Universal Control package) BEFORE INSTALLING THE VSL 1.3 PACKAGE. If you don't do this, the drivers from both packages will conflict with one another, and it still will not work, and you will get "error" prompts.

Chuck Cohen
Studio 192, Faderport 8, Studio One Pro 5.3, gen-7 i7 computer
by kondzio on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:09 am
AudioBox driver ver. 1.3 does not work on Windows 10 Creators Update. Fails to install for me... Seems like my 22VSL is a piece of trash now and I wonder what to do now :(
I NEED DIRECT MONITORING, FAT CHANNELS ETC. Is there a way to make it work again?? Pleashe help, I'm so angry right now with Presonus and their decisions!
System rolling back is is not an option for me.

39 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2