AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to get zero latency monitoring with my new 1818 VSL. I've read and re-read the manual, as well as the Zero Latency Monitoring Handbook, but with no success. I've been able to get audio to my headphones and have checked the "cue" box in the audio i/o setup. I've finally found the horizontal sliders which control level and pan within the Cue Mix object, but the Zero Latency switch is nowhere to be found.
Zero latency monitoring is possible with the 1818 VSL, isn't it? If not, it's useless to me.
So, my question is: what else do I need to do in order to see this Zero Latency switch (and actually do some recording)?
Thanks,
Gary
by Royster on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:41 pm
I'm in the same boat. Just bought the 1818VSL 2 days ago along with studio one.
Come on guys what do we do????
by jpettit on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:22 am
Are you on Mac?

http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210044533-AudioBox-VSL-Software-Discontinuation-Notice

Sorry, Z is no longer available on the Mac for 1818VSL.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Royster on Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:27 am
Yes on a Mac. :thumbup:
So is Presonus going resolve this compatibility problem? The problem is not with Apple, Presonus need to be on their A game when a new OS is introduced be it Widows or Mac OS.
I,m seriously considering dumping the 1818VSL and buying a Zoom TAC-8 with new the Thunderbolt 3 system.
Also I just spent over 2 grand on new MacBook Pro. If can't resolve this soon then I'll be boxing up the Presonus Audiobox and posting it on eBay. :(
by Royster on Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:23 pm
OK I have decided to pull the pin on the Audiobox and advise all who have bought a new Mac or running Sierra OS DO NOT buy this product!
Presonus should have a compatibility chart to see what works with their products. They state they are working on the problem and should have a fix in few months. Sorry I don't have a few months for gear to sit idle when I have projects to be completed.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1