AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Audiobox keeps crashing, pc can't install driver, or after manage to install, driver fails & audiobox not recognised.

I'm running windows 7 64bit on a HP with A6 quad core AMD processor. Since buying the 1818vsl first install didn't work well. It was plug, unplug, plug, click install, failed install, click install, somehow have audiobox recognised after windows doing it's own driver install which NEVER WORKS, getting the blue light on the interface then installing all components and getting everything working, somehow the next day or two later, audiobox won't link up again, then I'm uninstalling drivers and reinstalling with the same fail to install and re-clicking install over and over trying, then all of a sudden it links back up and works for a couple more days!!! It's poop house! I had less trouble with a low end alesis 2 channel.

if windows is searching to install drivers then failing to install, that's the start of the problem there! The audiobox installer is very difficult to get going. My pc doesn't want to recognise the plugged in via usb. Then somehow is does recognise it but that doesn't last so it's a nightmare.

audio box failed.jpg

stopped again.jpg

device driver not installed again.jpg

iMac OS Yosemite - Processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Studio One Artist 3.0.0 - Presonus Audiobox 1818vsl.
Effects Pedal Zoom G2.1 Nu - Monitors KRK Rokit 6

by metal1guitarist on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:56 am
Gone through and updated all windows updates and windows was still unable to successfully install the driver. I don't seem to be able to get the interface to link back up as I was previously able to fluke!

Edited: Second attempt to reinstall audiobox driver is working now... jeez!! See how long this lasts.

by metal1guitarist on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:18 am
Are these settings optimal? USB has syncd up but its giving me a high pitch buzz! I'm changing settings and trying to perhaps find a better setting but keeps buzzing... I'll restart pc.

audiobox settings.jpg

by metal1guitarist on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:34 am
So this is pretty much what I keep going through. Now after the restart the Audiobox could not be initialized... again! The interface usb sync light is on, but audiobox won't start up. I think Asio4all but last time that was pausing through recording, hmm.

audiobox light usb sync is on.jpg

by SLAPPADom on Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 am
Hey, did you ever get an answer to this??? I'm going through the same thing. For years I've used my 1818 without any issue. The past week now, all of the sudden, every time I shut it down - the next time I try to start it up, it will not initialize. I'm using the same computer, same USB port (it is a 2.0 port) and I've uninstalled and reinstalled Universal Controller no less than 5 times in the past 3 hrs. I got it to work, ran a session, shut down for lunch - just came back to power up and once again it will not initialize - it's frustrating me to the point where I want to take a bat to it. Any help out there?
by xzb6np on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:59 am
Exact same problem here. Was using my 181vsl. Lost sync and now can't get it back.
by xzb6np on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 am
So it just starts working one day. It's been over a month since I tried turning it on. So I was getting ready to contact Presonus about sending it in. I turned it on one last time expecting to see the red light and it was blue. Installed the driver again and it's working. I just don't know. What the heck.
by cristofe on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:35 pm
Part of the problem maybe that you have not properly UNINSTALLED the old driver before doing a new install. You cannot just install driver after driver on top of one another. You must perform a proper and complete uninstall first. See this:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210044723-How-do-I-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-AudioBox-drivers-in-Windows-7-or-Vista-

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1