AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
I read back over the past several years with people having the same problems with the Audiobox driver crashing and not working with StudioOne across various versions.

How can a problem exist for so long and not be addressed?

My issue has no help in another post... and is this.

Firstly, the Windows installer can NEVER install the driver for my usb interface (1818vsl). I can however install the the Audiobox installer from Presonus without drama as long as windows updates are current.

The interface then displays the usb sync light blue to indicate it is connected and ready to use. After this the Audiobox may work for a brief period while trying to use as the main audio driver for everything, but usually buzzes out and crashes. Or if everything does work without any issues, I finish my recording session and the next time I turn on my PC, Audiobox fails to Initialize, meaning it's not working at all.

If I'm not able to unplug the usb interface and plug back to get it working, I'm usually forced to uninstall the Audiobox driver and reinstall which comes with repeated fails to link or sync with the interface as well as driver failing to initialize and just a massive headache.

I've used Asio4all before but there was pausing during recording but never issues to link up and initialize. Perhaps Presonus should look at just using Asio4all and work on getting that working properly instead of AudioBox driver?

Whatever it is, Im not getting any help, can't seem to find solutions, I'm sure other people are not having this issue which makes me think that maybe it's my PC? Maybe it's because I don't have a high speed usb port?

What's your thoughts?

iMac OS Yosemite - Processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Studio One Artist 3.0.0 - Presonus Audiobox 1818vsl.
Effects Pedal Zoom G2.1 Nu - Monitors KRK Rokit 6

by cristofe on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:14 am
It could definitely be a problem with your pc....I've gotten my 1818VSL to work with some AMD based machines but it seems to prefer Intel based systems. And as long as you're using USB 2.0 ports that shouldn't be a problem.....USB 3.0, on the other hand, has been known to be problematic on some systems. It's not your OS....my 1818VSL works fine as does Studio One on several Win7 64bit systems. It could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production? Have you disabled wi-fi?

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by metal1guitarist on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:59 am
I had a fair few programs installed but after ripping my hair out not being able to link the 1818vsl, I just decided to go back to factory and keep things basic.

I did read about the usb3. I realized I has 2 ss ports. I'm keeping the link on the usb2 port.

I had ezdrummer2, guitar pro6, cs3 master suite, office 2013, utorrent, asio4all, avast, gxp files... Any of these interfere?

What should I do to optimise for recording?

by cristofe on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:02 pm
Are you online downloading torrents with uTorrent while trying to use the 1818? Just being online can sometimes cause issues.....I always disable my ethernet adapters while doing audio work.
Have you been trying to use the 1818 with the ASIO4ALL drivers? That's not recommended or supported by Presonus.

As to optimizing:

http://www.presonus.com/community/Learn/Optimizing-Windows-Vista-and-Windows-7-for-Music-Production

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by metal1guitarist on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:35 pm
No, I don't download at the same time. Yes, the internet is on all the time but would that cause the interface to disconnect and prevent it from reconnecting and working completely?

by cristofe on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:10 pm
If you're connected via LAN probably not....wi-fi can cause problems tho.

by metal1guitarist on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:12 pm
I use EoP but wireless is also active.

by matthewgorman on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:21 am
Check the power settings on your usb, and make sure they are not set to any type of power save.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by cristofe on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:54 am
Check the power settings on your usb, and make sure they are not set to any type of power save.

Good call Matt! :mrgreen:

wireless is also active

disable it

by metal1guitarist on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:02 pm
Well I could have done that but I went to extremes and instead of trouble shooting and getting nowhere, I done a factory reset. If there was any conflicting programs or setting it's fixed it for now... It doesn't shut down now, wireless is still on, usb settings are as they are factory set and it's working... I'm over trying to figure it out, just wanna record.

I've sent my system info and a detailed report of programs and updates done to tech support to maybe identify problems that might occur due to whatever. Was a pain though... nearly returned to 1818vsl to the shop!

by cristofe on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:17 pm
Glad to hear you're up and running!! Obviously this was some pc problem. PC makers are often not too concerned about niche markets like ours and not all audio hardware and computers play nice together. Returning the 1818 and buying a different brand might have led to a similar situation. My 1818 didn't like the computer I wanted to use it with....at all!! Eventually, I kept the 1818....and got different pc.....been happy ever since!! :mrgreen:

by metal1guitarist on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:53 pm
yeah, happy at the moment haha... until something gets the bleep and wont work! Hopefully nothing goes wrong but I'm still going through a tone of updates so something might still happen. Is there full tutorials on how to record a full song without buying the professional and getting the free tutorials? I'm still green.

by cristofe on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:28 pm
OH GOD YES.....There's this thing called Google!! There are TONS of videos on YouTube on recording with S1.....and several sites dedicated to nothing else.....like this one:

http://www.homestudiotrainer.com/

by metal1guitarist on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:50 pm
Haha, Google? I must look into this thing called "Google". I found a fair bit on YouTube and the Presonus sites here has a few short vids usually specifically looking at bits n pieces, not a start to finish tutorial. Cheers for ya help man. You on soundcloud?

14 posts
Page 1 of 1