AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm a relatively new VSL22 owner and have noticed that both the through-DAW and direct monitoring latency vary considerably depending on the actual USB port I plug it into.

One particular set of USB 3 ports on my PC in particular result in a direct monitoring latency of over 10 ms, the best results I got were from using the "legacy" USB 2 ports (designed on my msi gaming g7 motherboard for fast response devices such as mouse and keyboard) where the direct monitoring latency was about 5ms (and through-DAW about 11 ms).

Incase anyone is interest how I measured this, I miked up a monitor speaker and recorded that along with the original signal and used the "seconds" timescale to measure the difference.

TL;DR if your direct monitoring latency feels a little high, try a USB port on a different cluster/hub on your motherboard.
by cristofe on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:03 pm
Thanks for sharing......USB 3.0 VS USB 2.0 has been discussed quite a bit here. While 3.0 is supposed to be completely backwards compatible that's often been found not to be the case.
The VSL series has not worked at all with some USB 3.0 mobos.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1