AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
33 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
When Is Presonus going to release an update? My equipment is not even usable!! I get cracks and pops, effects not working properly, it is been months! anyone from the Presonus tech support team want to reply? Or do I need to sell my gear at a fraction of the cost and buy something else that works? :x :x :x :x
by pixieotronic on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:59 am
A new low for Presonus, they kept the same drivers (with the same problems) but added Yosemite to the text, even though the release notes only show compatibility with Mavericks. This happens with the Studiolive 16.0.2 and Capture
by Rhythm302 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:42 pm
I have asked for support 3 times!!!!!!!!! Maybe if people complain about no support they will get it together!!!!! Because opening 3 support tickets, multiple phone calls, and still no answer. I know they monitor these forums so instead of trying to criticizing me for trying to get their attention why don't you help raise a voice!!! That is unless your system is running the way it should ( which I serriously doubt)
by ForumAdmin on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:19 pm
Hi,

You are correct. This issue is not yet resolved. We are working on it now.
I will put you and anyone else who see's this response (can PM me) to be on a list to be notified when the software is available.

Regards,

Alex Tinsley
Customer Service Director
& Forum Admin

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by atomgram on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:50 am
I am sick of waiting for this, too. Tech support sent me through a ton of hoops including buying a new usb card for my Mac. If they knew the problem was with the driver, why did they have me do this? More unanswered questions.

MacBook Pro 2015 2.9-8gig ram, Early 2008 MacPro 2x3.2, 8gig ram, Logic Pro X, MainStage 3.2, El Capitan current.
by Rhythm302 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 pm
When is this update expected to be released?
by zenimickal on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:12 am
I don't know when the update will update... I want to upgrade my system on Yosemite, but i can't with this stupid problem of compatibility...

Please Presonus : Post an UPDATE, we're waiting you.
by atomgram on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:17 pm
Okay. We are stuck in the house today and I just ran a bunch of tests on my 1818. I hooked it up to my iPad3 with an Apple CCK and recorded on two different iPad DAWs. I used Auria and MultiTrack DAW. Everything worked flawlessly. I tried recording to Garageband and had trouble getting the input to recognize and gave up. Probably something I am doing wrong and simple. I played back beautifully. I also launched AniMoog and played with that for a while. Then I opened up LogicProX and used the iPad to record a Hammond B3 part on a song we are working on. I won't keep the track because I can't play keyboard. Even using Logic Remote through the iPad as a controller for the midi and one of the most CPU intensive plugins it worked great. bleep. I am about to plug in and record some mandolin or bass on the same track and see what happens. Keep you posted.

MacBook Pro 2015 2.9-8gig ram, Early 2008 MacPro 2x3.2, 8gig ram, Logic Pro X, MainStage 3.2, El Capitan current.
by Musiclabnz on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:35 pm
Just adding my voice to the desperate pleas for a fix. :(

iMac 21.5" Mid 2011
2.5 GHz i5 | 20GB DDR3
Yosemite 10.10.2
by atomgram on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:25 pm
Had my wife lay down some bass tracks. Used my Onyx for input to be safe. Pops and clicks all over the output. Fix this driver please.

by aindrereece-sheerin on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:28 pm
I am having to constantly unplug and re connect the VSL 1818 but this evening it has stopped working. I was extremely dissatisfied with Customer Service to begin with and told presonus so. The matter resolved itself but it is a Complete Farce having to unplug and reconnect the BSL to get it to work . I blame apple too to be fair as the constant updates send my Pro Tools up the creek without the proverbial on a regular basis too.

At this stage I will not be recommending Presonus to any of my students but again wishing to play fair the same happened with my Lexicon. I upgraded (or so I thought) to presonus but have had way more issues than with Lexicon.
Can but hope this gets resolved ASAP
Aindre
by casssax on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:34 am
I'm also having problems with my 22VSL. I have to unplug and re-plug the USB to get the AudioBox to appear. Then when I click on the 'on/off' button (turning it on) the audio stops. I can see the levels in the DAW1 and DAW2 channels but I get no output at all (no levels in the main channel).

I don't want to be stuck having to keep a computer using an out of date operating system just to use the interface.
by seangalway on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:17 pm
The whole thing is ridiculous, Apple will have a new OS before this gets fixed.
by atomgram on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:27 am
I couldn't agree more. Fortunately I have a great work around in using my Mackie Onyx for input. I love the configurability of the 1818 for output but shouldn't have to tolerate all this popping and crackling. It's CoreAudio. Should not change that much from update to update. bleep.

by Rhythm302 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:09 pm
ok so its been more than a month since I posted this and still no update!! PRESONUS WHAT IS GOING ON???? Are you ever going to have a driver update? This is ridiculous..............
by John Rowland on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:23 pm
I too am getting these random pops and crackles on my tracks. I went thought this issue last year with Presonus and my AB1818. They eventualy got me to a software update that seemed to fix the problem temporarily, but back at recording demos this year, and the cracks and pops have returned!!! Ugh frustrating after spending time and money on the AB1818 and DigiMax D8. Can we please get an update to fix this problem ASAP? My band is scheduled to record tracks in April and if I get these sound artifacts in my recording will delay and ruin our recording /production schedule!!! I'm just throwing my frustration into the hat here in hopes Presonus does the right thing quickly and fixes this issue once and for all!!
BTW I'm running, there shouldn't be any issues with this computer and recording....
2.3 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
• 16 GB (two 8GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory (Upgraded)
• 1 TB (5400-rpm) hard drive
• Intel HD Graphics 4000
I have an external firewire WD 800 2T
by mwright137 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:24 pm
Which of those drives are you recording to?

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by chrispresonus on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:57 pm
I think the audio box VSL mixer is a joke. It has not worked correctly for me since snow leopard 10.6.2. , maverick and after reading about the Yosemite nightmares maybe I will sell it and try out a steinberg interface. So far the issues I have had with my 1818vsl are :
- when the audio box dsp mixer is engaged, I get a huge drop in volume through my monitors and PA
- the mixer faders do not mute the outputs to the different speakers
- if I mix down a song and then save it to a folder, the sound will not play back through the sound system. The computer has to be reset to get the sound outputs to work again.
- head phones only work if the vsl mixer is activated. Why not just route the headphone out separate from the vsl mixer ? At least this would allow the device to be separated from any dsp mixer issues.
- the suggested upgrade for the audio box vsl mixer doesn't work with logic 9.
What a joke, the list of issues goes on !! Just don't feel like typing more about them.
by trebien on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:07 pm
Ridiculous... :thumbdown:

I improved my studio gear with a MacMini instead my old laptop running Windows7 and the AudioBox 44VSL became an "NoiseBox 44VSL"...pops, clicks, crackling after that...the doubt is: wait another month for the solution (and see that they didn't fix yet again) or spent all my savings on a real professional recording system Focusrite, Apogee, Apollo, whatever... :hunf:
by Rhythm302 on Fri May 01, 2015 10:28 am
Anyone want to buy an 1818 VSL and a Digimax preamp?

I have had it with waiting for an update.......Presonus lost a customer, I just bought a Mackie board and it is impressive........

33 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2