AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm using the lastest driver (UC 3.1.0.53214, Firmware 1.49)

I did reinstall my OS (Win 10 Pro) today and had no problems switching sample rates after installing only the UC drivers.

Then I proceded to install my DAWs, and discovered that the interface is stable only @44.1kHz.

If I try to switch sample rate from UC, the interface is seen disconnected by Windows and the status led begin to flash from blue to red for a while. Then, if I'm lucky, it reconnects (@ 44.1 kHz).

Having noticed my interface semt to work fine right after I installed the drivers, I tried uninstalling Pro Tools 12.

I was shocked discovering it was the source of my problem.

So, now I'd need to get both PT and my interface working. Any ideas about how to fix this issue?

Before unistalling it I also tried to revoke exclusive controll on the interface by applications, it didn't change a thing.

I'd be gratefull if you could share some ideas.

Thank you in advance,

Valerio

EDIT:

Ok, I feel really lost.

Right After removing PT my interface semt to work fine (I could switch sample rate freely, no crashes).

After a quick reboot it started crashing again after every switch trial.

Litterally nothing changed on my system.

EDIT 2:

I did try to run my interface on my laptop, I'm experiencing the very same behaviour, so my Hardware Configuration seems not to be the issue.

Also, I did try some older version of UC, nothing changed.
Last edited by valerioamedei on Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 (8 core) - Ram: 16GB (DDR4) - MoBo: MSI B450M - OS: Win 10 Pro - AI: AudioBox1818VSL
by cristofe on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:52 pm
Having noticed my interface semt to work fine right after I installed the drivers, I tried uninstalling Pro Tools 12.

I was shocked discovering it was the source of my problem.

As you have identified the problem is being caused by Pro Tools, this is an issue that should be raised on the Avid forums and/or addressed with Avid tech support. Both Pro Tools software AND hardware is notorious for not playing nice with 3rd party products.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by valerioamedei on Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:40 am
As I wrote on the two edits of the post, sadly that was not the case.

Thank you for your answer by the way.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 (8 core) - Ram: 16GB (DDR4) - MoBo: MSI B450M - OS: Win 10 Pro - AI: AudioBox1818VSL
by valerioamedei on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:43 am
While testing my interface with other USB cables (yes, I have no good ideas left) it randomly worked for a couple of minutes (a couple of sample rate switches actually). I had the opportunity to test it under PT and it worked fine after locking to my target sample rate (92k).

Then i switched back to 44.1k and it crashed again.

At least I can tell you that third party softwares don't seem to be the source of my problem. It's just the AudioBox.

by raimondomarino on Sun May 15, 2022 2:57 pm
Hello, I've experience similar trouble. I discovered that cause is overheating of DSP chip. As temporary remedy I put a fan cooler extracting air from the volume over the top cover. Of course the cooler method depends of where the hardware is located in. As well I've made an upgrade by sticking a small heatsink (like the one for Raspberry cpu) on the DSP chip. Sometime in the warm season the failure still occur, but shutting down the hardware (by disconnecting power) and waiting for cooldown, the device is back to work properly. I understand it's a very boring issue, especially when you are hardly working on a project, but no other remedy I've found so far. I'm still working around a more efficient cooling system considering that my installation is into a flight case rack. If someone has a better suggestion please share it. Thanks

5 posts
Page 1 of 1