AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
26 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "rolling back is not an option". If you mean using 1.3 instead of latest UC driver, 1.3 is not "rolling back" but is the last approved working version that included VSL console.It is working here for me on latest Win 10.

Did you do the full install first as recommended?

http://www.presonus.com/support
Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945
ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM
8GB RAM / 1T SATA
iPad2
Yamaha S-02
Fishman TriplePlay
Logidy Controller

PreSonus Gear

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
Answers at http://answers.presonus.com/
by kondzio on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:08 am
I meant about Windows rolling back to previous release not the driver.
The issue is that i can't install 1.3 driver. I've just installed a fresh copy of windows (ver. 1703 build 15063.413 - it's Creators update) (I needed format c anyway) and after plugging in my audiobox 22vsl it clicks and pops (like it couldn't initialise). Then when I tried to install 1.3 driver i got an error. Tried that multiple times but failed. The only thing that works is Universal Control (but still the device clicks and pops when trying to play sound etc.), but i need that VSL console :)
I've also tried uninstalling UC (completely) with 3rd party uninstaller, but it didn't help and still cannot install 1.3 version :/
Sooner or later Microsoft will force us to get this Windows update, that's why i don't want to roll back to previous release
Any ideas?

error code and screen:

[EDIT]
After hours of struggle I managed somehow to install v 1.2.2 driver and it seems to be working fine for now.
by mamuefa on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:53 am
kondzio wroteAudioBox driver ver. 1.3 does not work on Windows 10 Creators Update

Second that!

1. Make sure you check your USB-Hubs in the Device-Manager (Win+X).
2. Uninstall all old drivers of your 22VSL.
3. Install the Universal Control Software.

That worked for me. BUT: There is no VSL Software anymore. In fact there is nothing anymore. The 22VSL has become just a normal USB-Audio Interface with no "good to have"- features unfortunately!
:evil:
by Skip Jones on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:59 am
robertstarbuck wrote
(2) If I find the Universal Control is unsatisfactory, de-install it, and then re-install the AudioBox 1818's VSL that Presonus offers, will it be the SAME as the successful VSL product I started with? Or will Presonus' replacement "legacy" VSL installation be something different?

Thanks (again), Bob

A.) 1.3 UC was not re-coded, it is the same version that includes the VSL console.

B.) Not one poster has replied that they opened a Support Ticket, as suggested. A Support Ticket is the BEST WAY to get any issue resolved. You may get suggestions here on the User Supported Forums but we are not PreSonus Support. Please, if you are experiencing issues, open a ticket.

C.) It would be helpful for the community if you would post your system specs in your signature. Click on the hyperlink in my signature to create your system specific signature.

D.) I am on Win 10 Creators update (latest build) and the 1.3 VSL does work.

E.) Thank You charlescohen for your post. I am happy you are up and running.

Regards,

Skip

http://www.presonus.com/support
Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945
ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM
8GB RAM / 1T SATA
iPad2
Yamaha S-02
Fishman TriplePlay
Logidy Controller

PreSonus Gear

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
Answers at http://answers.presonus.com/
by cristofe on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:59 pm
:+1 What he said! :mrgreen:

http://www.fandalism.com/cristofe

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

by kondzio on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:32 pm
Ok, i found one more way to install the 1.3 driver on Creators Update, which worked IN MY CASE.

I copied the extraction files that original installer makes to a different location (desktop). They are located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\is-I1P80.tmp (the last catalog may be different, so make a printscreen when the installer creates files it so you can find it easily)
Then I uninstalled any audiobox 22vsl devices in my device manager (left the one that had exclamation mark only)
I ran the installer from the desktop (setup.exe) and it was a different setup than the original one. The installation went smoothly.
Hope that helps someone :)

26 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2