AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Probably, the biggest "frustration" with upgrading the 1818VSL firmware to it's latest and arguably Best/solid sounding driver to date, was the loss of the VSL mixer/interface, rendering the headphone jack useless from what it was up to that point.

I know, I know; 'old news' and There IS a workaround/route but, it wasn't the same, especially when using the 1818 as the source of all other computer sound.

I see that the UC 2.0 interface has changed (lookin' great too!) and, upon a quick glance, makes me feel the need to ask . . . . Does the 2.0.0.41902 update, now return the use of the headphone out and DAW out, etc., back to life from the AB1818, as it was before the VSL- Death Notice?

Hoping I am making sense . . . . Thanks for reading.

Intel Core i7-6700 @3.40GHz / 3.41GHz
Windows 10 64bit
16 Gigs RAM
Studio 192

STUDIO ONE 5 PRO (v. Latest)
Toys:
Roland JUNO-DS 88
Maschine Studio 2
Roli RISE ( controller of the future - future - future ) :ugeek:
Moog ONE ~ Novation Summit ~ ASM Hydrasynth ~Waldorf KYRA
Roland System8 ~ Roland SE-02 ~ Roland D-05 ~ My dog Fred :|
DeepMind 12 ~ ATOM sq ~ Basses and Guitars
47 za-billion $'s of soft synths, effects, and debt (the rest a highly coveted government secret) .

http://www.soundcloud.com/inverted7th

by PreSonuSupt5 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:14 am
Please use the link below for the Universal Control 2.0 release notes.

http://www-media-presonus.netdna-ssl.co ... Notes4.pdf
by badness on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:45 am
I did read that.
Before I posted.
Which is why I asked about the headphone dilemma. When VSL was euthanized the first time, the headphone out jack issue was not addressed, aside from the routing workaround, which is more of a band aid, than 'solution'.
The fresh new face on the 2.0.0.41902 update and it's "similar" looking to days of old and the ways of routing the headphone out via 7/8. Basically, up to the loss of the VSL, there was no need to reroute things, when using the 1818 as a general Windows sound source.
The truth is, the new firmware Does make the 1818 sound and perform better, but the change for the better (for me) wasn't worth the trade-off in general functionality. I want my VSL cake and eat it too. 8-)

The new "look", appears similar to the past, yet doesn't address this one question. It Looks like a semi-return to routed channels as before. For many (maybe even Most) this isn't a huge deal but, for me, it is.
Better smoother running sound is Always a good thing but basically, if nothing has reverted, I am More than willing to keep things as is and Not up the firmware AND . . . I will graduate to a whole new interface, when that time arrives. My 1818 still sounds great and ain't broke, so why fix it.

Intel Core i7-6700 @3.40GHz / 3.41GHz
Windows 10 64bit
16 Gigs RAM
Studio 192

STUDIO ONE 5 PRO (v. Latest)
Toys:
Roland JUNO-DS 88
Maschine Studio 2
Roli RISE ( controller of the future - future - future ) :ugeek:
Moog ONE ~ Novation Summit ~ ASM Hydrasynth ~Waldorf KYRA
Roland System8 ~ Roland SE-02 ~ Roland D-05 ~ My dog Fred :|
DeepMind 12 ~ ATOM sq ~ Basses and Guitars
47 za-billion $'s of soft synths, effects, and debt (the rest a highly coveted government secret) .

http://www.soundcloud.com/inverted7th

3 posts
Page 1 of 1