AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just bought a new computer but I am using the same Operating System, Windows 7 home, and I cannot get the AudioBox to be recognized, even though I was using it for almost a year before. I cannot install the drivers, it just constantly says "Please plug in your AudioBox" whenever I try. I also tried to do the same on my laptop, it seems as if this thing is bricked. All of my other USB ports are working fine with all of my other peripherals. Any help would be much appreciated.
by cristofe on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:53 am
It could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production?
Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? Did you install the drivers
from the included disc? Or did you download and use the drivers from this site? That being said
we cannot help you without a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to trouble shoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL, register your Audiobox and open a
tech support ticket. They'll get you sorted.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by g4be on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:57 am
It is happening on multiple computers, these specs are surely not needed and no I am not trying to install into a USB 3.0 port. "Optimizing your PC for audio production" doesn't make any sense when using a USB peripheral, it itself isn't optimized for audio production. I simply cannot recognize the device any longer although it is receiving power. But here are my specs

Intel i7 4790k
8GB DDR3 1866mhz ram
Geforce GTX 560ti
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Yes I have enabled hidden devices, yes I have uninstalled all "Unknown Devices" multiple times, as well as downloading 3 different versions of both the USB driver and the all in one USB and AudioBox software drivers. I have gone through all of the steps I have found, and it seems that other people who have this issue don't receive any answers. I might just pick up a different hub and steer clear of this company.
by SirNickity on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:51 am
Do you get any indication from Windows that the USB device was recognized at all? Like, the little da-dum sound when it detects a plug event, or anything new listed in Device Manager? If you do, then it's just a driver issue and perhaps something can be done.

If you don't, then it's either a bad USB cable (maybe a "charging-only" cable) or time to notify the box's next of kin.

(BTW, USB 3 is backward-compatible. I've used the box on a USB 3 port. It works fine. If it didn't, that would be a real problem, because you may no longer have a 2.0 port on certain computers.)
by themaartian on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:45 pm
SirNickity wrote...(BTW, USB 3 is backward-compatible. I've used the box on a USB 3 port. It works fine. If it didn't, that would be a real problem, because you may no longer have a 2.0 port on certain computers.)

True enough, but just be aware that plugging a USB 2 device into a USB 3 hub will bring the entire hub down to USB 2 speeds. The same holds true if you plug an old USB 1 device into a USB 2 (or 3) hub...it will bring the entire hub down to USB 1 speeds.

One other note: USB 3 drivers are newer and therefore more likely to be buggy enough for you to notice. I needed to update the USB 3 drivers on a PC that was less that 2 years old. Made a BIG difference.

Question to g4be: which AudioBox do you have?

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by cierrabutler on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:51 am
After HOURS of messing with my AB I can say IT IS compatible with Win8.1.
I changed out my usb like mentioned above and it recognized the hardware and allowed me to download drivers!
by jowke on Fri May 01, 2015 1:14 am
Hi everyone,

I have the same problem.

First of all, this hardware works well in december 2014 (CD drivers). I could record some stuff. Then i didn't use it for a while. When i decided few days ago to record some songs, i got the same message when i launch studio one. What's going wrong ?

I tried to plug / unplugg the device, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, switch ports, but nothing works. I made every window updates.

Window 7 sp 1 64bits
Drivers 1.3
USB 3.0

Best regards

Sorry for my english.
by SirNickity on Fri May 01, 2015 2:11 pm
Well, again... Are you seeing the box show up in Windows' Device Manager? Any sign that the computer saw the device attach event at all? Keep in mind, Windows may list the box as an unknown audio device, or maybe just an unknown device. If something new shows up in Device Manager, or you get the "device plugged in / unplugged" sound, or the little balloon informing you that Windows is looking for drivers, then USB is at least working to some degree.

It's a very different problem depending on the answer to that.
by frk75 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:42 pm
i just solved the same problem just by trying with another usb cable
by nickmckennon on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:52 am
Same problem... How can I fix this...? My computer is recognizing the audiobox and I have it set to my primary audio source in my control panel. My box didnt come with a disc but I'm pretty sure I got everything I needed offline. When I start up Studio One it doesnt recognize any audio device at all, and wont let me hit control panel. Help!

Windows 7 SP1
by jerrymdrums on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:56 pm
Okay I need serious help also. I have presonus audiobox usb. Windows Vista 32bit yes Vista blah. And i use presonus Studio One Professional software which is really great but I have been recording on my home laptop Toshiba Satelite from like 2007 for many months and for the last 3 months every single day solid with zero problems but yesterday 01-28-16 I wanted to change legacy and my Audiobox tool box Windows thing was not working due to missing some dlls so I just installed the same version drivers over it so I could access that tool window. Then! Presonus Studio One would not could not read the Audiobox anymore like I have done everything. I even downloaded newest drivers 1.2.2. I have followed directions very well. I have tried all USB 2.0 ports (4 of them). I have uninstalled all software (Studio One), (Audiobox) and reinstalled fresh.

When I open Studio One it says "The audio device Audiobox could not be initialized. Please check your hardware configuration and try again." When I select "audiobox" in the audio device pulldown menu it says the same thing. Am I missing something??? Please help me anyone I am on a very very important roll here thank you so very much.
- Jerry Meadows :? :?: :!:
by toxicthrash on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:09 pm
Hey guys just encountered this issue and just wanted to say how i fixed my issue

Running Windows 7 on Hp i7 2.3 GHZ

yesterday everything was working fine and before shutting down my coputer Windows Update was recommended before shut down so i did

Today's Tried working on it today and nothing kept getting not did recognized the 1818vsl .

The light was blue on the Vsl and still wasnt working.

turned out to be the NEW WINDOWS UPDATE . SO HOPE THIS HELPS FOR YOU ...

Steps i took to solve .

1.Make sure windows updates is NOT TRYING TO INSTALL THE 1818vsl DRIVER UPDATES
on my attachment is a pic were i clicked and their was a icon loading looking for a driver clicked on it and said Searching for 1818vsl Drivers on Internet. .
STOP Wizard from running thats looking for the driver. and try reinstalling Driver

if that doesnt work then

2. Completely uninstall the 1818vsl Audiobox software and drivers .
restart your computer.

3. try install the new updated version of the 1818vsl Driver. But make sure that windows is not looking for the update for that driver or it might say " Please close all Wizards before installing , .

Thats what i did to fix my issue took me abut 4 hours to figure it out but at least i know its not Presouns its windows updates in my case . Just about the same amount of time i way going to spend working. But i guess i learned something and can try to help you guys out.

hope this helps cheers

Attachments
1818vsl not working.PNG1.PNG
1818vsl not working.PNG1.PNG (13.26 KiB) Viewed 29469 times
by anthonysmith24 on Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:41 pm
I have been trying for over a year now to get a usable answer on how to get my windows 10 PC to recognize and communicate with my AudioBox USB. IT's clear that it's time to move on to a product that a. WORKS and b. has viable support options when it doesn't.

No matter which troubleshooting guide I follow, the message is "invalid device descriptor" and "usb device has malfunctioned."

Every time? Any useable tips? Otherwise moving on.
by cristofe on Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:55 pm
First of all you posted on CHRISTMAS day. Some of us have lives and families. You make ONE post and because everyone doesn't jump up to solve you're problem immediately you're going to throw in the towel? How do you know the problem isn't your pc? Have you tried using the unit on another computer? Have you tried using a different cable? Did you done a PROPER clean un-install and re-installed the latest drivers?

https://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-USB/downloads

Oh.....and BTW......

This product has been discontinued.

I'm sorry what part of that do you not understand? Very few companies provide support for long discontinued products. The original audiobox is pretty old at this point. Maybe it's simply malfunctioned So yes, perhaps it's time you moved on to a newer interface.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1