AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I have an AudioBox USB96 audio interface as my input into my DAW (Reaper) and everything works as expected. Almost.

I have a dynamic mic and a guitar plugged into the 2 inputs. If I'm understanding things correctly, I should adjust the gain knobs on the AudioBox to get the correct input levels in Reaper. (aiming for -18 to -12).

My problem is that even with the gain knobs turned all the way down, my input levels in Reaper are around -6db. And if I turn them up, levels rise from there.

Why aren't my input levels zero when the AudioBox gain knobs are turned all the way down? Or am I misunderstanding how this works?
by Trucky on Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:23 pm
Because these are gain/trim knobs relative to the output signal levels from your microphone or instrument.

Input Gain/Trim Control. These knobs provide the following gain structure:
• Microphone: 60 dB of variable gain (0 to +60 dB)
• Instrument: 40 dB of variable gain (-10 dB to +30 dB)

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1