AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I recently upgraded my PC and am using windows 11. After installing the latest version of universal control and updating the firmware for my 1818VSL interface it works perfectly well running normal windows audio (normally use my interface instead of the inbuilt sound card). However, when I use it in Studio One the playback doesn't work properly with what I'd describe as "jumps" occurring every now and then and some mild crackling. Interestingly, if I set studio one to "windows audio" but have windows audio set to the same interface, it works perfectly fine, however this won't be useful as I won't be able to record properly.

It definitely isn't a CPU issue as my previous computer (running windows 10) was about half as powerful and could playback the exact same song fine, and the CPU on the new computer sits at around 40% for this particular song and no there are no spikes on the performance meter. The problem does seem to go away if I make the CPU load very low (disable all the plugins or use very few) but this wouldn't be practical for any song. It is also a different sounding distortion to when I overloaded my CPU on my precious computer.

We also tried using older versions of Universal Control. This only made the problem worse though with really bad distortion.

The tech heads in the house seem say it sounds like an issue with the driver. I've attached my system information.

Any suggestions on how I could make it work properly would be appreciated. Here are some specs for the new PC:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10610U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID 52EFD997-A7BF-4733-8F5E-B5DB1F733A54
Product ID 00330-53762-13640-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎5/‎09/‎2023
OS build 22000.2416
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0
by Trucky on Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:09 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

Have you submitted a Support Ticket (see link in my signature below) yet?
If not, please do as they can help assist customers with UC driver related issues.

Also for future posts, it helps if you update your signature (see link below in mine) with your specs as this helps in responding to questions. It also saves you time not having to include them in future posts.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1