AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello. I purchased my AudioBox USB a long while ago and also have StudioOne Artist v2. I, for the life of me, cannot get my Blue Ember microphone or the M7 Presonus mic that came with the setup to work in StudioOne. I just clean imaged my PC with Windows 11 Pro. I have read the manual and various forum posts in attempts to get the microphone working.

From clean install:
I logged into my Presonus account online and downloaded the Universal Controller Ver. 3.6.4.87069 x64 and installed it.

I then installed the AudioBox USB, with the original cable it came with in the bundle by plugging it into a USB 2.0 port on the rear I/O panel and have not moved it to any other USB port. When I open the controller after the AudioBox has been plugged in, it clearly identifies my AudioBox USB as being connected with Firmware Ver. 1.10

I then installed StudioOne from my account online and preformed an offline activation, because when I attempted to activate online with my account credentials I receive and error with no information that only includes these brackets "()" and a statement that reads activation failed. The offline activation works as intended after entering both codes. I start StudioOne and select my AudioBox USB from the drop down menu. I create an empty song, click the "+" button to add a track, select input 1 or L for my XLR microphone, I have the 48V button on with the light to indicate it should be working, I select the "Input L" button on the track I just created and select the "Audio I/O setup", and cannot get any pickup from either microphone.

I have tried this solution on both the L and R XLR inputs, tried maxing the gain controls, and have tried all solutions I can find online to no avail.

Any help or information as to what I'm doing wrong would be super appreciated as I've done much :reading: and are ending up with a whole lot of :thumbdown:

Thank you.

Intel I9-7920X, 32 GB Teamforce 4000MHz DDR4 RAM, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Nvme PCIe SSD, ASUS X299 PRO/SE Motherboard, Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 Build 22000.795, AudioBox USB Version 1 with HD7 Headphones along with Blue Ember Microphone, StudioOne Artist version 2.
by cristofe on Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:35 am
From your description it sounds like you're doing everything right. Obviously, you've been using your Audiobox with earlier versions of Windows. If it came with Artist v.2, I would venture a guess that you started on Win 7, upgraded to Win 10 and just now, after upgrading to Win 11, you are experiencing this mic problem. So maybe it's some quirk with Win 11?? I can't speak from experience about that OS because I have none. I'm not an early adopter kind of guy. I prefer to let everyone else be unpaid beta testers for Microsoft.....until they eventually, (and I know they will), force me to upgrade.

Soooo......all that being said I suggest you open a support ticket. I'm sure someone at Presonus has experience with trying to run an device that old on an OS that new. It may just be time to upgrade your interface to a more recent one.

We might be able to assist you better if you post your full system specs in your signature, (see my sig)..

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Helixenergy on Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:10 pm
I also just preformed a clean install of windows 10 on another SSD. I seem to be encountering the same issue with the most current version of windows 10 as well.

I have solicited for some help from a music engineer to see if he can help me out with what is going on. After tonight, 7/16/2022, I will preform a windows 7 ultimate clean install and see if I still encounter the issue.

*Didn't get to connect with the sound engineer yesterday. Will be doing a clean install of windows 7 locally and will also attempt installing it virtually with VMWare to see if I can get it working on my host machine. 7/17/2022*

*Preformed a clean install of windows 7 pro with same results. I found out today that something must be wrong with the device itself. I finally got the device to pick up mic feed today. It only seems to work through input 2 or R and when I move the gain knob for that input from 0 to about 12 out of 60(max) it cuts out after 12.

Guess I shouldn't have waited so long to use my equipment. I don't think it's worth servicing so I'll look into getting another piece of presonus equipment with hopefully their updated version of studio one as well.

Intel I9-7920X, 32 GB Teamforce 4000MHz DDR4 RAM, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Nvme PCIe SSD, ASUS X299 PRO/SE Motherboard, Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 Build 22000.795, AudioBox USB Version 1 with HD7 Headphones along with Blue Ember Microphone, StudioOne Artist version 2.
by cristofe on Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:49 am
I found out today that something must be wrong with the device itself.

After all that, I'd say you're absolutely correct. It sounds like it MUST be the device.
You're also quite correct that it's not worth the repair costs. Even if you bought a
newer used device on eBay you could get something better & newer for less than
the cost of repairing the Audiobox. It's also a good idea to upgrade Studio One.
V2 came out a long time ago. Many improvements have been made since then.

Best of Luck!!

Cheers.......Cristofe

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1