AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I encountered this problem the first time I installed the audiobox software. Everything works as expected but when I plug a headphones into the headphones output in the rear, I can only hear audio coming from the left side. When I play music from my pc, and use the panning slider in my music program, I can hear that the signal coming through the headphones is left and right combined into the left output of the headphones.

I did something to fix it, but I don't know what. It seems like it started working correctly on its own.

2 days ago I installed the latest windows 10 update, 21H2, and I had to reinstall the Universal Control software because windows did not see the audiobox anymore.

Now I have the same problem again, audio coming through the left side of the audiobox. This happens both with my guitar plugged in and with sounds coming from the pc to which it is connected. Audio going from the line outputs of the audiobox to the speakers is in stereo as expected.

Also, since it worked correctly for a while, I can say that the audio coming from the left side now is of lower volume than the audio that came through the headphones when it was correctly working.

I suspect some kind of initialization error of the headphones amp inside the audiobox. How can I trick it to do that again, so that it is fixed like the first time it worked?
by jorritgodeke on Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:43 pm
Well, I did some searching on this forum and came across another used with the same issue. I followed the following steps. Open windows device manager, uninstall the audiobox from windows. Uninstall Universal Control. Unplug the audiobox, restart computer, plug audiobox back in, let windows do its thing. Install universal control again. And it works again like it should, with audio coming in stereo through the headphones on the audiobox.

This might be useful for others with the same issue.
by Bbd on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:15 am
Thank you!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

3 posts
Page 1 of 1