AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
hello friends
I am struggling for a couple of days to fix it!

problem is, in the DAW or windows media player or KMPlayer(not normalizing audio), when the audio signal reaches near 0 dB, there is sounds like distortion but there is not any distortion!
how do I know?
I am mixing for over 5 years and almost from the beginning, I was limiting the master bus gain under -0.3 dB. but when I am limiting about -0.5, crackle is lower and under -0.6, there is almost non!

I was in win 11. changed it to 10. installed all drivers carefully and used the universal driver that PreSonus gave to me in my PreSonus panel. and still, crackle is there!

I use headphones for mixing and under -0.6 dB, it is clean with no crackle. but it should be clean even when you are limiting 0dB!
this is only audible, not effective on the audio! after export, there was nothing.

what is wrong guys? what am I missing? or messing?:/

please help. I will be thankful and ... more thankful!
Last edited by mohammadhajimohammadi on Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
by mohammadhajimohammadi on Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:33 am
I must add that before audiobox96, I had Steinberg interface and before that, Focusrite, and before that, professional onboard soundcard.
never saw anything like it! and I really need help!
by mohammadhajimohammadi on Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:29 pm
Hello:/ I am a ghost:/ and no one sees me:/
by mohammadhajimohammadi on Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:42 am
me replying again:/

this problem was from an internal software of the interface. I sent it to the company that I bought from and they sent it to guarantee.
it is not solvable by yourself.
it is fixed and ready to work now :D
by SwitchBack on Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:32 am
Hi,

Great that you'll get it fixed. One of those where none of us here had an answer to. Faulty gear can result in some crazy problems :shock:
by krisztiankis on Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:55 am
I have the same issue with my unit, spent the first week with trying to find a solution for this.
First, I had troubles using the device in USB3 slots. On my other machine I was able to use it with USB2, but sill had the crackling and noticed it is a volume issue. Limited the overall OS volume to 70-75% with the Quiet on the Set app, to stop YouTube videos or Spotify tracks cracking.
This was my solution, but far from perfect for a new card. Sometimes it still cracks for louder snare hits. I will send it back to the shop and wait for some other solution. :cry:

6 posts
Page 1 of 1