AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I've battled this for a couple of years now, but have a (unsatisfactory) workaround. But it's become an issue again.

I have an Audiobox USB 96 and Universal Control 3.5.2.65533 on a Windows 10 desktop. And I'm using the most recent version of Reaper.

My problem is that when I select a Project Sample Rate of 48000 in Reaper and a Sample Rate of 48 kHz in Universal Control, everything else BUT Reaper locks up and won't play.

So, problems playing anything through my Chrome browser - YouTube, Soundcloud or any other audio/video site. Plus simply playing an audio file in the VLC program. Not only do I not get audio, but often the player itself won't play - nothing moves and I often just get a buffering indication.

If I select 44.1 kHz, everything works perfectly.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

PS. Late observation. YouTube is now coming back with an error message - Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
by cristofe on Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:55 pm
Have you tried it with another DAW or plugin host? If not try the free Studio One Prime.
If the problem goes away then Reaper is your culprit. And why do you need 48K anyway?
Not much difference between that and 44.1.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by marcwright on Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:00 pm
cristofe wroteHave you tried it with another DAW or plugin host? If not try the free Studio One Prime.
If the problem goes away then Reaper is your culprit. And why do you need 48K anyway?
Not much difference between that and 44.1.

Thanks for your suggestion, cristofe. I tried with Audacity, but had much the same result. But through these experiments, I think I'm zeroing in on what the issue might be. I don't even have to have a DAW open to see a bit of an issue.

What's happening is that I'm selecting 48k in Universal Control - but as soon as I play anything audio related, whether it's in a DAW or Chrome browser (YouTube etc) or in VLC, Universal Control is immediately flicking back to 44.1. Even if the DAW is set to 48.

I've googled this and others seem to have had a similar problem and in their case it seemed related to drivers. But I have installed the most recent Universal Control and all the drivers that come with it. Apparently I'm now using the PreSonus driver 5.0.0.21938

My workaround is to continue using 44.1 and that will do, but I've obviously got something not quite right and I should be able to use 48 if I want to.
by cristofe on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:18 pm
My workaround is to continue using 44.1 and that will do, but I've obviously got something not quite right and I should be able to use 48 if I want to

Yes, you should. Well, if you can't get an answer here, it might be time to open a support ticket.
The only thing else that comes to my mind is perhaps a conflict with your pc's own audio drivers and Presonus drivers. That's been known to cause this type of problem. Open the Windows mixer app and see what's selected.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1