AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm djing a party soon... the iONE has a L and R output 1/4"... I need to have 4 speakers connected to my iONE.
can i just buy a Y splitter for each and L and R output and have 4 speakers added ?
do I need unbalanced or mono Y SPlitters. ?
also - i need to add a monitor speaker - since the 4 speakers will be a ways away from me... do I just use the 1/4 " headphone jack and add one of my rokit 5's - assuming i need a y splitter for that too ?... single out from headphone jack on iONE and the L and R input on rokit 5
sorry for the newb question
by SwitchBack on Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:46 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Yes, you can use Y-splitters to split the L and R outputs to 2 speakers each. If all speakers have balanced inputs then you can keep everything balanced, including the splitters. Otherwise make everything unbalanced.

You cannot connect one speaker input to two outputs or to L and R at the same time because that will short those outputs together. That also applies to the stereo headphone output. So this depends on your mono speaker. Some mono monitor speakers have multiple inputs with each input its own level pot. Then you can connect one input to left and one to right.

Hope that helps :)
by arminpohl on Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:21 am
thanks Switchback !!!!...
so i'm good for the y splitter on the 4 output speakers from the iONE. i dont know what the speakers will be since the party is supplying them. they just told me they have a 1/4" input... so maybe i'll just get unbalanced splitter/cables to be safe... but i'm assuming for long lengths - balanced would be better.
for the monitor speaker using the headphone jack... i'll make sure my single monitor has a single mono input jack that I can use and i wont use a splitter from the headphone jack to the L and R input on the single speaker.
thanks !!!
Armin
by SwitchBack on Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:36 pm
Do make sure that it's active speakers they provide or you'll end up with a very quiet party :shock:

Same applies to the monitor.
by arminpohl on Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:13 pm
haha - absolutely !!!. thanks for your help

5 posts
Page 1 of 1