AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Bought my audiobox usb 96 a week ago or so.

Ive had driver issues since day one. Im on Windows 10

Im at my wits end here, using this is unbearable. It keeps disengaging, no audio. I have to try on change the sample rate in windows and other tricks to get it to trigger back on. Usually after I start rendering something in my DAW it will disengage again. No rhyme or reason.

Another issue which is bearable is, that audio will clip if keep it on full volume. Just music like on youtube and stuff like that, not in my DAW or anything. So I have to always keep the windows volume setting at 96 max. The external volume controls are not affected by this, so it seems like a driver issue.

I have the latest drivers. Why does there appear to identical Driver links for the USB 96 though?

https://ibb.co/HDYQ3Sg

Im using the first one. When I use the second one, it installs but when I open it, it just says "UNIVERSAL CONTROL" and no options or any view of my audio interface.

absolutely unusable device

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by colek on Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:12 pm
Not sure it applies anymore, but i was told audiobox uses port enumeration. That means u haftoo plug it in the same port all the time. Not sure thats ur prob but it sure was mine. GOOD LUCK.
by cristofe on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:07 pm
Bought my audiobox usb 96 a week ago or so.

Ive had driver issues since day one. Im on Windows 10

Im at my wits end here, using this is unbearable. It keeps disengaging, no audio. I have to try on change the sample rate in windows and other tricks to get it to trigger back on. Usually after I start rendering something in my DAW it will disengage again. No rhyme or reason.

Another issue which is bearable is, that audio will clip if keep it on full volume. Just music like on youtube and stuff like that, not in my DAW or anything. So I have to always keep the windows volume setting at 96 max. The external volume controls are not affected by this, so it seems like a driver issue.

I have the latest drivers. Why does there appear to identical Driver links for the USB 96 though?

https://ibb.co/HDYQ3Sg

Im using the first one. When I use the second one, it installs but when I open it, it just says "UNIVERSAL CONTROL" and no options or any view of my audio interface.

absolutely unusable device

It could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production? Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? Have attempted to do a PROPER uninstall/re-install of the drivers....or did you attempt install them several times on top of each other?

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

Not sure it applies anymore, but i was told audiobox uses port enumeration. That means u haftoo plug it in the same port all the time. Not sure thats ur prob but it sure was mine. GOOD LUCK.

Had you read the manual you would have known that the Audiobox is indeed port specific.
It must always be plugged into the port it was installed to.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW, make and model of your audio interface etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by stephenwieland on Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:42 pm
Hello,
I am having a similar issue. I did not install properly the first time* but then followed the https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210044673-AudioBox-USB-Uninstall-and-reinstall-drivers-for-Windows-8-or-Windows-10 to uninstall and reinstall. The instructions said that the install would ask to plug in the device but my install did not. SO maybe that could be an issue.
My issue is Windows keeps trying to detect or install the drivers. Under pc settings /devices the Audiobox 96 shows under Audio then disappears and reappears. Similar in the Sound settings the input device will show the audiobox and attached mic but then disappears. It also will try to switch the audio output.
The Universal Control program launches and will show the Audiobox USB 96.
The USB into the PC has not been switched. Not sure which USB specifically it is in and cant really see back there. Looking at a picture online I think its in the one opposite the network cable but they are all USB 3.0 labeled except 1 3.1 and 1 USB-C

PC specifications :

AMD Ryzen 1700x
ASRock x370 Taichi
32gb Ram
ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX Vega64 8GB
Corsair ax1200i power supply
Total of 3 monitors, 2 hdmi 1 displayport
Audio output through optical out to a 7.1 receiver (main audio source)

wifi is disabled

* I did do the steps on the sticker. First registered and then it asked if wanted to download software and the first it offered was the studio one software. My mistake for not confirming the proper software but if it is bundled with the device the usb driver should be included or instructed to download and install first before studio one can be installed. So easy fix on the developers and no need for so much troubleshooting.

Also it does not say on device, sticker or quick start guide that the device is port specific. Only in the user manual (apparently) and the quick start guide only says to download manual not download and read so another easy fix on the companies part. It probably should be on the device.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1