AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've been using the AudioBox for a couple years now and it seems to work well for the most part.

However, I've noticed that every time I awake my computer from sleeping or turn it back on, and go to play audio, it won't play out of the headphones or the monitors I have plugged in (pair of Rokits).

I have the most recent version of Universal Control installed and sometimes I can get the sound to start coming out if I switch the block size around, oddly enough. But that doesn't always work.

The only surefire way to get my audio coming out of the monitors once again is to physically unplug the AudioBox power cable and plug it back on. Then it will kick back on.

This has been an issue for a couple years now, I've just grown fed up enough with it by now to actually post the issue. Hope this isn't a duplicate post, but I didn't see any similar posts regarding this issue while searching.

Hope someone can help me out!
by SwitchBack on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:29 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Sleep mode on the USB ports of your computer? Maybe you upgraded to an OS that activated that option by default. What's your computer and OS? Not a computer guru myself but that would be my first guess.
by camdenophus on Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:44 pm
hey @switchback!

Here's the funny thing. I actually never knew that was even a feature of Win10 until you mentioned it, and I actually went in to my PC and turned off the, "suspend USB," option. Unfortunately, the problem still exists. I'll be restarting my PC tomorrow and can confirm, but have put it to sleep and reawakened it several times since disabling the future and am still forced to unplug my AudioBox Interface and plug it back in to restart audio.

Any Ideas? :P
by SwitchBack on Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:36 pm
On my Mac I can eject (keyboard instruction) external usb drives. They won’t come back online unless I unplug them first. Probably there’s a rescan option somewhere but I haven’t found it yet.

Point is that this seems similar to what you’re experiencing after you wake up your computer. Looks like somewhere in the sleep-wakeup process your interface gets ejected.
by camdenophus on Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:24 am
I definitely think that has something to do with it. I actually found a threat in the Microsoft forum regarding Windows 10 and using external audio devices and it appears this may be an issue with Windows 10 rather than PreSonus. Not very reassuring now that it is in Microsoft's hands, but I guess good to know the problem isn't on my end.

Thanks again Switch!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1