AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Hey Forum people, I hope someone can help me.

I've had an Audiobox USB 96 for a couple of years now. Using it with Ableton on a Windows 10 PC, with no issues. Set up was no problem, plug and play, I have been very happy with it.

Unfortunately my Win 10 PC bit the dust before xmas, so I'm now the proud owner of a new Win 11 PC. Just plugged in the audiobox and have been watching Youtube, listening to Spotify, and using it for audio whilst gaming for just over a month with no issues, works fine. Just like on my old PC.

Last night I fired up Ableton for the first time and tried to do some recording. Whilst playing, and monitoring the audio was fine. However on playback the recording had what I can only describe as an electronicky scratching noise. Tried a couple of different mics, same issue. Adjusted various levels, always the same monitoring fine, playback has this noise. In the end I scrubbed the idea of recording, and just spent the evening playing through my PC with some reverb, and monitoring through headphones. Not what I had intended but it is what it is.

Come today, I decided to troubleshoot the issue. I quickly realised that in the excitement of owning a new PC I'd neglected to download any drivers for the Audiobox. This'll be the issue I thought. So this morning I downloaded Universal Control, checked drivers are up to date and fired up Ableton. Now the noise is also present when monitoring, only louder, but not only that the issue now occurs with all audio Youtube, and Spotify.

So I uninstalled Universal Control, and the issue resolves itself. Audio fine monitoring, Youtube and Spotify. Scratchy noise when playing back a recording.

I've gone through the install/uninstall process an number of times today. Always with the same results.

Anyone got any ideas? 13th gen i5, 32gb RAM, Win 11 home

I can't be the only one to be having these issues, cheers for your time
by Trucky on Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:48 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Please submit a Support Ticket (see link in my signature) for this issue.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by craigvarner on Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:27 am
presonus308 wrote
hugo.gential38 wroteI have crackling from time to time, I do not understand how you did it can you explain to me in more detail thank you?

I opened the 'Control Panel' (Press the Win Key/Start Menu and type 'Control' and it should be the top option)

I navigated to 'Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Change Plan Settings'

Then I chose the 'Change advanced power settings' (Blue text)

I then expanded the 'PCI Express > Link State Power Management' setting and changed it from Maximum Power Saving to Moderate Power Saving, and this stopped audio crackling in every app on my AMD Laptop.

(Note the screenshot is from my older Intel laptop, so it might not look the same)

I guess an even easier way to avoid/test this is to just switch to the "High Performance" power plan whenever you are utilizing the Audiobox. The HP powerplan disables all power saving/throttling on the USB and PCI.

Rudy
by JustinBell560 on Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:50 pm
I had the same issue, mine was popping super hard at all lower frequencies. I use Mac with studio one 6. To solve the issue I found the problem was my volumes in my mix. I set all volumes on all my stems all the way down and turned everything up to the peak volume I could get without popping (turning up each stems volume control one at a time until popping occurred and then dialing it back just a hair) Once I did this all my volumes in my mix were a little over halfway but There was a sweet spot on each stem and it actually led to a better mix all around.

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2