AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone. Is there aynone who is using Presonus Audiobox USB96 interface? I just bought one, and having some crackling issues on some tracks. I send it back to technical service. I have Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen and Roland DUO-CAPTURE mk2 interfaces too, but there is no crackling or popping issue on these interfaces. I wanted to ask can someone listen and test this video with Presonus Audiobox USB96 which I have crackling sounds? I wanna know is it about general Presonus Audiobox 96 interfaces or is mine defective..Thank you.
Video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enEqRMk ... BigsbyBass
by edmisik on Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:42 am
I feel your pain. I;ve been fighting this usb96 since day one because of cracking and popping and the wonky Universal Control.

It's unfortunate no one else has responded. I;m no expert, but it seems to me that if you arent having a problem with your other audio interfaces, the usb96 is the culprit.

You may be able to eliminate the cracks and pops by upping the # of samples (block size) you have set in universal control (If at 512 change it to 1024 for example). Unfortunately this will seriously increase your latency and may present another problem for you but it may eliminate the snap, crackle, pops (cereal?) ha

In my case I now have this usb96 installed in a HP workstation with tons of resources and still have to set the block size to the same level as when I was running it in a lame (in comparison) laptop.....very low CPU drain on the workstation. .so unfortunately I have to buy another audio interface. g luck

ps. I dont think opening a support ticket w. presonus will be of help to you...when i;ve tried that they just blamed everything on everything except their product and even said i dont know what i;m doing even though i;ve been using computers forever...thats seriously good bass by you by the way,

GoTo for music:
-HP Z420 Workstation 32GB Xeon 3.70 Ghz Win10Pro Studio One 6
-Audient EVO4, Komplete Kontrol s61 MKI, Launchpad x, Multiple shared hard drives.
Other stuff:
Orba1, Donner DMK25Pro, Thinkpad x240 Win10. Thinkpad Chromebook, Pixel4xl
Studio One Remote does not work in Chromebook

2 posts
Page 1 of 1