AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

It might be that I overlooked something very obvious but I am a little bit stuck right now.

I am using windows 10 with studio one and AudioBox USB. When recording or listening to playback the general volume level is extremely low, when I pull up the volume on studio one (input channel or master output, doesn’t matter) it starts to overdrive but doesn’t adjust the „base“ volume level. For windows system sounds, I can use the windows mixer and the output on the headphones is really loud when I turn it up, so something seems to work correctly.

Note that the setup in general is working, ie I can record and play, but just the volume is way too low.

Is there some kind of setting or knob or slider I need to use to adjust the headphones volume from studio one?

Thanks in advance!
by Trucky on Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:19 pm
What is the Mixer knob (Inputs/Playback) set to?

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Download the STUDIO ONE 5 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (20H2), Studio One 5.1.2 Pro | Notion 6.8 | Universal Control v3.4.0.61835
Dell Inspiron 17 5770 (Intel Core i7-8550U 1.8 GHz, 4GB AMD Radeon 530 Graphics, 16GB RAM, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD
StudioLive Series III 32 v2.4.17466
by gagagaga2 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:40 pm
Thank you for your quick reply!

The knob is set to "Playback".

I just spent some time trying all the knobs and settings again, plugging all the cables in and out and at some point it started to work again, I am able to properly control the volume now from Studio One. I didn't really change anything so it might also be that there is just a loose contact or something else wrong with the hardware or one of my cables. I will update if it stops working again or I know what the issue was.

Best
by Trucky on Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:46 pm
Glad to hear it's working now!

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Download the STUDIO ONE 5 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (20H2), Studio One 5.1.2 Pro | Notion 6.8 | Universal Control v3.4.0.61835
Dell Inspiron 17 5770 (Intel Core i7-8550U 1.8 GHz, 4GB AMD Radeon 530 Graphics, 16GB RAM, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD
StudioLive Series III 32 v2.4.17466

4 posts
Page 1 of 1