AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I take the liberty of writing to you because this problem has been annoying me for a few months (since a big Windows update probably, I don't know) and I would like to be able to solve it with your help.

That's it, it's very simple, when I turn on my computer, and I launch a youtube video OR play music with a player. I have no sound or the video freezes unless I mute the sound through the speaker icon.

Currently, I have found a solution to make the sound work again but it is not great and normal:

Unplug/replug the audiobox USB and plug it back in, wait a few seconds, and the sound returns

Simply restart the computer for the 2nd time. The sound is back...

Deactivate and reactivate the sound component in the device manager or in the "Sound" Windows

For your information, I have already done uninstalls (partial and total) and reinstallations but without success and I've the latest firmware version and drivers installed thru Universal Control and I've not the 96 version but the regular (old one) :(

I am waiting for your help if you have ever encountered this kind of problem.

Thank you!

Regards,

Nico.
by nicolassourdeval on Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:47 am
Great news, it seems that this problem fixed by Microsoft itself with KB4586853 for Windows 10 2004/20H2
Now, my Audiobox USB works at startup without to must unplug and replug the device. :thumbup:
by cristofe on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:10 pm
I'm glad Microsoft fixed their own BS. I've encountered several problems after Win10 updates.
I run Win10 machines to stay current but I also maintain legacy Win7 machines....never a problem there! Heck, I even run a WinXP machine. It's a high end, (for the time), workstation. I have some very expensive hardware and software that I still use that need it. In fact, it is the core of my mastering setup. Sometimes, if it aint broke....you shouldn't "fix it".....LOL!! :mrgreen:

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by nicolassourdeval on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:02 am
Well, bad news, I spoke too quickly, the issue is not solved, I don't know why :( :( :(
by nicolassourdeval on Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:14 am
Well, now it's definitively fixed.
Days after days, I could test, now it works each startups!

You must to disable fast startup in Windows.

This the procedure :
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disa ... st-startup

Your Audiobox USB will work perfectly...

5 posts
Page 1 of 1